“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Thursday, November 5, 2009

"Last Time We Spoke,
You Said You Were Hurting..."

I heard this song today... and I thought if I could talk to you today... these are the words I would say...



The Words I Would Say by Sidewalk Prophets

Three in the morning,
And I'm still awake,
So I picked up a pen and a page,
And I started writing,
Just what I'd say,
If we were face to face,
I'd tell you just what you mean to me,
I'd tell you these simple truths,

Be strong in the Lord and,
Never give up hope,
You're going to do great things,
I already know,
God's got His hand on you so,
Don't live life in fear,
Forgive and forget,
But don't forget why you're here,
Take your time and pray,
These are the words I would say,

Last time we spoke,
You said you were hurting,
And I felt your pain in my heart,
I want to tell you,
That I keep on praying,
Love will find you where you are,
I know cause I've already been there,
So please hear these simple truths,

Be strong in the Lord and,
Never give up hope,
You're going to do great things,
I already know,
God's got His hand on you so,
Don't live life in fear,
Forgive and forget,
But don't forget why you're here,
Take your time and pray,
These are the words I would say,

From one simple life to another,
I will say,
Come find peace in the Father,

Be strong in the Lord and,
Never give up hope,
You're going to do great things,
I already know,
God's got His hand on you so,
Don't live life in fear,
Forgive and forget,
But don't forget why you're here,
Take your time and pray,
Thank God for each day,
His love will find a way,
These are the words I would say

6 comments:

a portland granny said...

Wonderful words--thanks for sharing. I wrote you a long comment, but lost it and now have lost my drive to write it all down again.

Anxious to talk to you soon--I've taken on a huge commitment and hoping and trusting for the Lord's strength in doing it.

These words were good for me to read, as they were so good!

gideonmommasita said...

thank you, being strong in the Lord takes on a new meaning now.

bp said...

I've been blessed by hearing this song on KLOVE and saw the lyrics on another blog recently. Is it in Fireproof! I didn't even realize that!!

The DJ's were talking about the words "don't live life in fear" one morning and I've been thinking about that.

Amy said...

I love this song!

Ms.Daisy said...

Sheri,
The movie Fireproof was awesome - I loved it! I would like to see much more Christian movies being made...we are hungry for them. Wouldn't you agree?
I enjoyed your comments today on my church's history!



Jean

Amber Nightingale said...

Let me tell you how I began following your blog... Let me tell you how God used you to impact me and others...

In September I met a guy on leave from the marines. We became good friends through phone and instant messaging for a month, then he went away to Afghanistan. I began writing to him, but I found it hard to figure out how to explain to him how I felt God had such great things in store for him, how amazing and wonderful God thought he was, how much I cared for him...

I cried out to God one day on my way home from work. "Father, what do I say to him? What do I write? I'm so lost..." I sobbed the whole way. Then, when I had finally calmed down, I turned up the volume to the Christian radio station that had been playing in the car. A song I had never heard before started playing and I listened...

"Three in the morning and I'm still awake, so I picked up a pen and a page. I started writing just what I'd say if we were face to face... I'd tell you just what you mean to me, tell you these simple truths..."

I cried and I laughed. Every word was like it was spoken from God for what I was supposed to say to my friend. Every word was exactly what had been happening to us (like how the last time we spoke he explained to me a lot of hurt that had happened in his life) and every word was what I was thinking and yet couldn't voice.

When I got home, I searched the internet for the song lyrics... Your blog was what gave them to me. I printed the lyrics and sent them to my friend right away and they really impacted him.

So thank you for what you do. I'm sure your blog has been a gateway to many other God stories...

May you be blessed.