“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Of Little Consequence To Most...

"Memory" Book

It is completed.  The little Memory Book I started earlier this year.  It contains the 24 scripture passages that I memorized as part of the 2009 Siesta Scripture Memory Team.  I almost left it unfinished.  I had not taken the time to add my last two verses. But as the day drew near for the Siesta Scripture Memory Team Celebration in Houston, Texas... a thought came to my mind... "Complete, but not finished."

It was time to complete the book... to celebrate the completion of this goal.  The completion of this altarBut not finished... I am not finished with these verses.  They have become a cornerstone.  Precious words that have reminded me
to trust the Lord
to pray
to keep planting
to not give up
to listen carefully
to seek
to speak and
to love.
This year I decided to build an altar.  It may seem simple.  Of little consequence to most.  But it is profound to me.

Then come, let us go up to Bethel,
where I will build an altar to God,
who answered me in the day of my distress and
who has been with me wherever I have gone.
Genesis 35:3 NIV


4 comments:

a portland granny said...

I love the book!! Like all of the details you've used. Also your thoughts about your memory verses are excellent. We truly never are done with what we are doing with the Word, with the new insights gleaned, incorporating lessons into our lives, and being on guard as we walk this journey we call life.

Great post...and of course the book made me sit up and take notice!!

gideonmommasita said...

You said you were going to do it and you did! Will you make another book for this year?

vintage girl at heart said...

Was just wondering about "our" books the other day.
Sadly I have not finished mine but maybe I will in time for Valentines Day.
Would love to see more posts of yours....

Tammy said...

Congrats my friend. God does wonderful things in our hearts as we take His word in. I hope you enjoy your time at the celebration. May we progress with more of his word in the coming months.

blessings my friend