“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Monday, January 25, 2010

Siesta Scripture Memory Team Celebration!
The Cherry On The Top!



 Siestas Linda, Sheri, Jackie and Charlotte with Mama Beth

After the last session of the Siesta Scripture Memory Team Celebration… we were saying some of our good-byes, when Mama Beth appeared… and we were able to get our photo taken with her. It didn’t seem necessary, but I have to admit… that in the end… it was just the cherry on top!

As a special surprise each Siesta was given a LPM 2010 Weekly Planner, which has all the upcoming events and matched our Siesta SMT Celebration T-shirts. I so missed my fellow Siestas who finished well, but were unable to come to Houston.  I thought of you and prayed for you.  I also purchased five additional planners to give to five of you Siestas who were part of the SSMT who follow my blog and completed your 24 verses but were unable to go to Houston. So, e-mail your address to me! And as a GRAND PRIZE -- one of the five will be picked randomly to receive a Siesta SMT Celebration t-shirt size X-Large.  Sorry, Siestas... I am out of planners.  I wish I would have bought more for you!

As we pray to our God and Father about you, 
we think of your faithful work, 
your loving deeds, and the enduring hope you have 
because of our Lord Jesus Christ.  
1 Thessalonians 1:3 NLT

17 comments:

rooney said...

what a kind and loving thing to do, Sheri... and so LIKE you!
blessings!
jackie

Amy said...

You got to have your picture taken with Beth!!! Wow!!!

Angela W. said...

What a great thing to do, Sheri! It was such a good time and I really enjoyed meeting you.

Angie

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

What a cherished memory. You will carry it with you for always. So glad you were able to go. And if you're going to Lexington, KY, you'll be stone's throw from my childhood home and growing up years. I turned over a lot of stones in Lexington. Billy and I were married not far from Rupp Arena.

Now, that would be awesome if I could come home, hear Beth, and meet another blogging friend in person.

peace~elaine

gideonmommasita said...

sounds better than spa weekend

Marla Taviano said...

I love that you bought those extra planners!! So sweet! What a wonderful weekend!

Lisa said...

How sweet of you to remember your friends who couldn't attend. What an amazing weekend we shared. A weekend to remember.
Blessings ~ Lisa

Cindy- My Life HIS Story said...

What a sweet thing to do!! This weekend was truly amazing and I, too, hate that we ALL couldn't be there!

Sandy said...

That is so thoughtful of you!
My heart is still so full from this past weekend, too! Thank you for sharing!

Bev Brandon said...

Awww...how very sweet of you! I almost missed it but was there for half of it and it was so worth it. You have such a sweet desire for others.

Mama Bev said...

oh, I prayed for y'all, and am delighted you got to go!

today is teaching on week 2 of Me Myself and Lies. God woke me up at about 3 this morning -- not nerves, but the burden of the import of what God wants to communicate to these women. Would appreciate prayers. ..

beverly
mamabeverly@gmail.com

Grammy and Olivia said...

I am new to your blog from the SMT post on LPM. I have so enjoyed hearing about the blessings of the weekend and seeing everyone's pics. I love the idea of the Leaking Window. I have never heard that before. Thanks for sharing your weekend with those of us who couldn't be there.
Terry

Sarah said...

How nice of you to think of us Siestas who could not attend. You are so encouraging! I am new to your blog but loved the recap from the weekend. I live in Canada with a small family so it was not possible for me to attend.

Sarah Jenkins
Bancroft, Ontario
sarahmolawson@hotmail.com

poison_ivy777 said...

That was an awesome idea to do! Those women are going to be so blessed.

Wendy said...

i just got your link from the lpm site and i would love a planner :). Don't know if you still have em' but my email is swbamartinez@gmail.com

THANKS, glad you all had a great time.

Tammy said...

Sheri,
yOu are so thoughtful to think of us. I know I am too late but I just wanted to tell you how much you touch my heart. You are a treasure my friend.

Blessings

Lora said...

How very thoughtful an generous you are! I am so glad you got to have your picture taken with Beth! You look so very happy!