“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Siesta Scripture Memory Team Celebration!
Just a Couple More Highlights!


Siestas Charlotte, Sheri and Amanda  
(not pictured Siestas Linda & Jackie aka Rooney)
(No, really... she said hi to us first!)

"As soon as I got out of my car
I saw a group of Siestas
who were leaving to have dinner at Pappasito's.
It was such a fun encounter - the first of many!"
~ Amanda, LPM Blog

Friday night ended with a “Meet and Greet” where we enjoyed Texas Sheet Cake and coffee. We browsed the resource table and considered getting in line to meet Beth.



Beth is still recovering from her recent surgery. She looks great, but much to her dismay was not able to greet everyone… or over do it… or jump to Travis’ worship… per doctor’s orders.



Amanda, Melissa and Beth
Saturday morning there were some breakfast items and coffee for purchase in the church lobby… fewer resources on the resource table (having been purchased)… and a rush to get a good seat. Jackie, Charlotte and I had to check out before we went to the church, so Siesta Christina graciously saved us seats together… and Siesta Linda joined us.



There were door prizes - $25 gift certificates to the Lifeway Store. Those Siestas who memorized their 24 verses were put in a drawing for the unreleased "So Long, Insecurity: You've Been a Bad Friend to Us" which will be released February 2nd… I didn’t win one… and they weren’t for purchase! Bummer! There was even a drawing for the best screen name, which “Lop-Sided Halo” won, and she got to come up on stage and she was just the cutest thing! And there were lots of hugs from Beth.



 Siestas Sheri and Anne
Plenty of worship and teaching. Then we paired off and recited our scriptures. I was in a group of three – me, Jackie and Christina – and all three of us recited all 24! Completed! Then there was a Q&A time with Beth, Amanda, Melissa and Travis and closing in worship.


Siestas Sheri and Christina
But one of the highlights was when Beth has us pair off again and commission one another. Just like she does at the LPL events. Look at each other and repeat after her… a blessing upon one another. Again, a completion of the event. I had the privilege of doing this with Christina, which is doubly exciting because she lives in Roseburg, Oregon and I will have the ability to meet up with her when we return to Oregon and get settled back into the real world.

What an amazing time!  I expected it to be a celebration, but I received so much more than I ever imagined... and yes, I will be sharing that, too!  For more information about the Siesta Scripture Memory Team Celebration, stop by the LPM blog here.


9 comments:

Patti said...

What an awesome experience!!!! You were so brave to just head on out there by yourself and look how the Lord blessed you with life long friendships! Amazing.

Grammy and Olivia said...

Thanks for the nice comment on my blog. I agree that you were brave to head out there by yourself. Fear of going by myself is the main thing that kept me from attending. Thanks again for posting the pics and your thoughts on the weekend. I have enjoyed them. Oh yeah, I preordered Beth's new book on insecurity from the LPM site...obviously I need it ;o)
Terry

Tammy said...

Thanks for sharing with us. I have enjoyed reading about your time there. Iwas so sad I didn't get to go..but I was praying for yall.

blessings my friend

Marla Taviano said...

The commissioning was one of my most favorite parts too!!

UL Cards Fan said...

I had such a great time with you all. Love this post.

gideonmommasita said...

Amazing! Reciting all those verses! Not only did you hide God's word in your heart, you were able to find them again, what a well-spring of life you have.

Yolanda said...

A truly memorable trip and time spent not only in the word, but simply pouring out the love we each have received from God Himself.

Lovingly,
Yolanda

rooney said...

yes! just seeing Amanda's words made me smile all over again! what a fun fun time and Amanda is amazingly approachable... especially since she approached US! haha! i am thankful for pink boa's that tipped us off as siesta's!!
jackie

Lora said...

I too received more than I could have ever imagined. So wish I would have met you this weekend.

Blessings!