“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Monday, February 15, 2010

1st & 15th Scripture Memory 2010: Verse 4

 Mt. Moriah, Jerusalem 
photography by Anthony

Then Solomon began to build 
the temple of the LORD in Jerusalem on Mount Moriah, 
where the LORD had appeared to his father David. 
It was on the threshing floor of Araunah the Jebusite, 
the place provided by David. 
2 Chronicles 3:1


1st & 15th Scripture Memory 2010
Verse 4

Here we are at verse 4 already!  If you are just joining us... Welcome!  and I encourage you to stop by this post to get more information about our Scripture Memory 2010.

To pick my fourth verse, I looked at the upcoming two weeks and thought... I am going to really need some wisdom... and where else to get wisdom?  God's word.  God's precepts.

The fear of the LORD is 
the beginning of wisdom;
all who follow his precepts 
have good understanding.
To him belongs eternal praise. 
Psalm 111:10

I always think of Solomon asking God for wisdom in 1 Kings 3.  Realizing that Solomon didn't always rely on the wisdom given by God encourages me to remember how I need to keep God's word fresh in my heart and mind daily.

One of the ways I memorize my scriptures are by printing them out and posting them on my bathroom mirror.  Another way is to write them in a spiral and keep them with you... so that anytime you have a couple minutes... you can study them.

Last year, Beth Moore did a set of mini-videos about how to memorize scripture (see this post).  She would encourage us to use the acrostic RENEW.
R - Read It
E - Examine It
N - Need It
E - Echo It
W - Wield It

So, what's your memory verse?  Please include the entire verse with location and translation of the Bible.  And share any tips you use for memorizing scripture... or why you chose your scripture.

11 comments:

rooney said...

I Timothy 1:17 (NIV)
Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever amen.

sew or sow said...

charlotte carty
lexington, ky

Eph 1:18 (NIV)
I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inhertitance in the saints.

Grandmaof5 said...

Feb 15
I Thess 5:13
That you esteem them very highly in love because of their work - Live in peace with one another.
Vicki
Eufalua, AL

Christina said...

The Lord your God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing.

Zephaniah 3:17
NIV

Christina
Roseburg, OR

Nearly every morning at about 5:30 God wakes me up and I recite over and over the verses I'm trying to memorize. Then after about a half an hour (I pray during some of that time) I'm able to go back to sleep until my alarm goes off. I'm not a morning person so I resist actually getting up but this seems to work for me right now.

Vicki Cluxton said...

Prov 24:3-4 (NIV)

By wisdom a houseo is built; and through understanding it is established, through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures.

Vicki C.
Fort Wayne, IN

I have a spiral that I carry with me in my purse. It has been so dear to me - I feel lost without it!

Beautiful Daughters said...

In the desert prepare the way for the LORD make straight in the wilderness, a highway for our God. Isaiah 40:3 NIV

alwaysdreamllc said...

Lam 3:22-23 ESV
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, His mercies never come to an end, they are new every morning, great is your faithfulness!!

Jenny
Gresham OR

Yolanda said...

Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known. Jeremiah 33:3 ESV

Yolanda
Ulysses, KS

Tammy said...

For God is greater than our hearts, and He knows everything.

1 John 3:20
NIV

I am day behind but I wasnt sure what my verse was going to be until today after a day of stress yesterday.

blessings to all you sweet sisters
Tammy

Jen C said...

Prov 3:5-6 NIV
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

Jen C.
Beaverton, OR

teri-free2bme said...

Philippians 4:12-13 & 19 (NIV)

12) I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.

13)I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

19) And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.

Teri
Corpus Christi, TX