“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Thursday, February 4, 2010

But I have not been invited.
Nor do I want to be.

White Sands National Monument, New Mexico
  photography by Anthony

She is in her own desert
And it is by invitation only.
I have not been asked to join her.
I can't.

There are many like her
In this desert.
Hurting and broken hearted.
Feeling alone.

All I could do
was offer her a cold cup of water.
I offered.
She accepted.

She spoke.
I listened.
She explained.
But I couldn't understand.

Her child is dying.
And she is helpless.
Her strength is fading.
God is her only hope.

I wanted somehow
To go into the desert.
But I have not been invited.
Nor do I want to be.

So from my lush meadow
I lean over
To hand a cup of cold water
To her in her desert.

And I pray for her
And her son.
And I humbly thank God
For mine.

6 comments:

alwaysdreamllc said...

Perspective is powerful.

Amy said...

Wow. Powerful.

Deborah said...

I agree very powerful. I pray for her also and am thankful and humbled for my son.

elizabeth embracing life said...

Praying for that place in the dessert and that heart holding the cup of cold water.

vintage girl at heart said...

so very sad....

christy rose said...

This was beautiful! I can feel your heart in this.