“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Kind of Like a Security Blanket...

I'm feeling nauseous.  Really.  No, it is not something I ate.  No, I am not expecting... I am getting ready to teach on Tuesday.  And I am sick. 

I've been here before and then again

This year I have been given the opportunity to teach on Abraham.  As soon as I found out... I turned on my radar because I knew I would be encountering Abraham every where I went.  And it has been true.

And I am prepared.  Super prepared.  Reading.  Listening.  Praying.  Prepping. 

And I have been so excited... because God has made me to teach.  And to get this opportunity is like a dream to me.

And encouraged... oh, my... YES!  I have my wonderful sisters praying for me... and even asking me for direction as they work on their study.

But as Tuesday draws closer... so does the doubt... so does the insecurity.

And I am reminded that when I wore that pink feather boa in Houston, Texas at the SSMTC... I was bold.  I am not sure why.  But somehow having the guts to wear a pink feather boa in Houston... made me feel confident and fearless.  Kind of like a security blanket...  

So, guess what I am wearing right now?  My pink feather boa.  I'm still a little queasy, but it's not as bad... and who knows... maybe on Tuesday you'll see me teaching on Abraham with with pink feathers around my neck... and you won't be surprised one bit!

13 comments:

Yolanda said...

Isn't it a sweet spot to be in, knowing that God has to go before us in what-ever it is that He is telling us "do it afraid"? Then and only then, do we see Him instead of us.

With love,
Yolanda

Christina said...

You go Girl! Wear that pink feather boa and remember it's God giving you a great big fluffy pink hug. :-)
You'll do great, because God has you right where he wants you. I'll be praying for you.

Vicki Cluxton said...

You're right - the pink boa was way out of my comfort zone. Yet wearing it was empowering! I pray that your pink feathers will tickle you enough to let you know that God is with you, upon you, and holding you as you teach.

I was going to throw away my boa once I got home from Houston. Instead I decided that it was a good reminder of Houston and what all God had done!

vintage girl at heart said...

You will do wonderfully!! The pink feather may be the reminder that God is right there with HIS arms around you.
Blessings..

rooney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rooney said...

Sheri, we had our Loving Well Retreat Friday and Saturday. Beth was saying right at the beginning how nervous she was because there was 19,000 women in the arena. In classic Bethese, she said that God told her "you're not good enough to mess this up. I'm (God) going to be there. You can come if you want or you can stay home". :-D
i tell you, i needed to hear that myself. standing up before 60 women is WAY outside my comfort zone. but it was God's thang, not mine. so i chose to stay and watch Him speak to these precious ladies. I'm glad i did. :-)

love ya siesta. You'll be fine!

Jackie

Tammy said...

Sheri,
You are going to be fine my friend. God is right there with you, pink boas and all. He will do HIs work through you and it will be good. Trust Him and know you have lots of us praying for you and cheering you on.

Got your package yesterday...loved the pink boa piece...made me smile.

love you
Tammy

gideonmommasita said...

Love the picture of you and the boa. Forget the red hat society, I think a pink boa society would be much more fun.

Kayla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
christy rose said...

That last comment was from me. I forgot to sign out of one of my kids' friends account this morning.

Anyway, I believe that you are going to do great and deliver great revelation. :)

teri-free2bme said...

...HE WILL COVER YOU WITH HIS FEATHERS, and under His wings you will find refuge; His faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. Psalm 91:4 (emphisis added) Praying this for you as you are covered with your girly God feathers, knowing that the Lord is doing a mighty work through you!

Amy said...

I don't know how I missed reading this yesterday, but I did. I'm so glad you wore your hot pink, feather boa this morning. You did an amazing job. God spoke through you, and we were truly blessed! Love you!

Laura said...

Feeling a little nauseous but still moving forward? That sounds like stepping out in faith to me! I'm sure God will use you because you are faithful and He is...well, God!