“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Sunday, March 28, 2010

My favorite son.
"Mommmmmm... I'm your only son."
It's true... but you're still my favorite.

photography by... his daddy

He's been waiting about five years for this day.  And it was everything he expected and more.  There is a permanent smile on his face... and his mom's and dad's, too.

About five years ago, Christopher was the "towel boy"... he would assist Anthony with water baptism at our church.  He held the towels of those being baptized.  It was quite an honor to him.  At the time he was five years old.  He was in kindergarten.  Today he is 10... almost 11.  And he is in 5th grade... getting ready for middle school. 



And today was the day he publicly declared his faith in Jesus Christ by being water baptized.  He was cheered on by his church family... including his Kindergarten teacher! 

So many thoughts have gone through my head today... seeing Christopher make a decision that will have a life-long impact.  Feeling blessed beyond measure.  Laughing to myself... how many times have I thought... "If I would have known it was Christopher, I would have had him sooner."  Being amazed that God could use someone like me to raise up such a wonderful young man.

My favorite son.
"Mommmmmm... I'm your only son."
It's true... but you're still my favorite.

Thank you, God... I'm thankful everyday... for the gift.




If you're curious about water baptism, 
stop by here for more information.

10 comments:

gideonmommasita said...

Amen and Hallelujah!

vintage girl at heart said...

Wonderful!!!
I can remember my Baptism like it was yesterday.
He is a special young man %
You should be so proud of Him & Yourself!! (& Dad too)
Blessings~

rooney said...

i love the line "if i'd known it was Christopher, i'd had him sooner". you're a good mama.
:-)

Lora said...

Rejoicing with you!

He is risen!

bp said...

Awww, that's so great! I have another friend whose son was baptized yesterday.

God bless your family.

a portland granny said...

What a joy for you, Christopher's parents, to see your little son following in the act of baptism. That's a happy day!

What a cherished part of our hearts, our children hold!!

I've always said that every child should not only be loved, but cherished...and I know Christopher is indeed cherished!

Ms.Daisy said...

Sheri,
You should be very proud of your young man! My grandson (also in the 5th grade and turning 11 on April 2nd) recently made the same decision. Amen and Amen!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Beautiful memory that will forever mark his forthcoming steps. Thank you for sharing. Brings some wetness to these eyes...

peace~elaine

Laura said...

Other than giving us HIS SON, one of the richest blessings God gives us is OUR sons (and daughters)! They are absolute joys and a precious reminder of how much God loves us!

Joyce said...

What a great thing! My children were all baptized by my husband which makes it even more special!!

I'm writing a little something about you on my blog today...come see if you can! Be blessed, Joyce