1. My current memory verse.
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more
than all we ask or imagine,
according to his power that is at work within us...
2. Congratulations to Christina of The Luther Family. She won the book Speaking Mom-ese: Moments of Peace & Inspiration in the Mother Tongueby Lisa Whelchel (aka Blair from Facts of Life).
3. My husband, Anthony, is currently in Ethiopia on a missions trip. Thank you for your prayers. He is part of a team from my church training 300 Ethiopian pastors who will be starting churches in Oromia.
4. My mom is visiting from Maryland and keeping Christopher (and me) nicely distracted.
5. Next book on my reading list: Crazy Love by Francis Chan. My mom's, too!
6. I had been so disappointed that our local Christian bookstore had closed several of its locations... and it looked like the final one was close to shutting its doors. I was sad that my Christian book browsing would be limited to the "Religion" section of The Big Bookstores. I had in my heart prayed that Lifeway would open a store in our area if this one closed.
Today, my mom had asked to stop by the local Christian bookstore today. I said... well, there's not much there because I think they are about to close. Much to my surprise... the local Christian bookstore is closing its doors tomorrow... and re-opening them next Wednesday as a Lifeway Store. Thank you, God. Thank you for resources that we can use to strengthen our walk... and drive us deeper into Your Word.
7. I was recently featured on Confessions of a Tired Super Girl for her blog tour. Of course... she highlighted Anthony's beautiful photography... might be time for him to start a blog!
8. If you missed out on my giveaway of My Bangs Look Good And Other Lies I Tell Myself... then stop by Amy at Simplifying Me for her GREAT idea on "passing it forward"!Sheri, over at The Leaking Window, has a really neat uplifting blog. I really love all the beautiful photography and especially the reference from her retreat Zephaniah 3:17....because that is one of my most favorite scriptures in the world.
9. Current Bible Study: One In A Million by Priscilla Shirer.
10. New on my iPod: I Am God by Kirk Franklin with Tobymac.