“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Thursday, April 15, 2010

1st & 15th Scripture Memory 2010: Verse 8
And Other Miscellaneous And Random Thoughts...

My current memory verse and other miscellaneous and random thoughts...


1. My current memory verse.

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more 
than all we ask or imagine, 
according to his power that is at work within us...
Ephesians 3:20


2.  Congratulations to Christina of The Luther Family.  She won the book Speaking Mom-ese:  Moments of Peace & Inspiration in the Mother Tongueby Lisa Whelchel (aka Blair from Facts of Life).  
 
3. My husband, Anthony, is currently in Ethiopia on a missions trip.  Thank you for your prayers.  He is part of a team from my church training 300 Ethiopian pastors who will be starting churches in Oromia.
 
4. My mom is visiting from Maryland and keeping Christopher (and me) nicely distracted.
 
5. Next book on my reading list:  Crazy Love by Francis Chan.  My mom's, too!

6. I had been so disappointed that our local Christian bookstore had closed several of its locations... and it looked like the final one was close to shutting its doors.  I was sad that my Christian book browsing would be limited to the "Religion" section of The Big Bookstores.  I had in my heart prayed that Lifeway would open a store in our area if this one closed.  
 
Today, my mom had asked to stop by the local Christian bookstore today.  I said... well, there's not much there because I think they are about to close.  Much to my surprise... the local Christian bookstore is closing its doors tomorrow... and re-opening them next Wednesday as a Lifeway Store.  Thank you, God.  Thank you for resources that we can use to strengthen our walk... and drive us deeper into Your Word.
 
7. I was recently featured on Confessions of a Tired Super Girl for her blog tour.  Of course... she highlighted Anthony's beautiful photography... might be time for him to start a blog!
Sheri, over at The Leaking Window, has a really neat uplifting blog. I really love all the beautiful photography and especially the reference from her retreat Zephaniah 3:17....because that is one of my most favorite scriptures in the world.
8. If you missed out on my giveaway of My Bangs Look Good And Other Lies I Tell Myself... then stop by Amy at Simplifying Me for her GREAT idea on "passing it forward"!

9.  Current Bible Study:  One In A Million by Priscilla Shirer.

10. New on my iPod:  I Am God by Kirk Franklin with Tobymac.


4 comments:

rooney said...

My memory verse is in honor of my oldest son who has "I John 2:17" tattoo'd on his calf. :-)

1 John 2:17 (NIV)
The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever.

blessings!
still lovin' your blog, Sheri!
Jackie

Lora said...

Oh, I memorized Ephesians 3:20-21 for the SSMTC last year - such a good Word to have tucked in our hearts! I had heard Priscilla Shirer speak on those verses at Deeper Still and loved her teaching on them. I hear you are in for a treat with One in A Million.

I'm sure Anthony will come home with some wonderful pictures from his trip to Ethiopia. His pictures are noteworthy, I'm glad you both got some good press.

What a blessing to have a Lifeway! We had one open a few towns away and it is so nice to have here! The closest one before had been an hour and a half away.

Blessings to you!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Love your randomness and so glad you have a new bookstore to occupy your thirst for God! Lifeway rocks. A recent CD purchase for me is Vicky Beeching's "eternity invades." Oh my goodness... so awesome! Hope you're enjoying "one in a million." I've done that one an am looking for a summer study to do myself as I navigate this move into a completely different culture. I'm thinking about Alicia Chole's "choices" curriculum.

Thanks for checking in and for your prayers. My faith has been stretched over these past few weeks, but I am grateful for I am growing.

peace~elaine

LittleWomen21 said...

Thanks for the tip about the giveaway. I'm trying to visit your blog more often, it's so encouraging!