“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Bittersweet in Oromia

Sweet!

I am having a hard time blogging with my man being away. Where are all his gorgeous photos?  I need inspiration!  So, I went to his computer and looked through his photos and found this one.  We were on a family vacation mentioned here almost 3 years ago.

So, what has Anthony been doing in Ethiopia?  Teaching... preaching... "being likable"... and of course...

 Taking photographs!

And more photographs...

We did get to see a short video at church today of the team in Ethiopia with the 300 pastors that they will be commissioning tomorrow in Oromia.

Anthony and I have been in contact primarily by texting.  After realizing I had already exceeded my 200 text limit... I decided to purchase the unlimited plan for the rest of the trip!

 The Team

It is becoming a bittersweet time for the team... there is a sadness in knowing that their trip will soon come to an end... yet looking forward to seeing their loved ones waiting for them at home. 

For more on the team's trip stop by their blog here.
For more information on "Project Oromia" go here.

6 comments:

gideonmommasita said...

That's a lot of texting! What a fun way to communicate and to ease the time until he returns. No wonder you haven't blogged, you're using up all your words on texting! I don't have that excuse. What an awesome mission he is on, love the picture of the two of you and the pictures of him taking the pictures, what a sweet aroma.

just lisa said...

Never go over on your texting...it is so costly!! lol What a wonderful mission and I love that picture and the one with the children over there too!!

Thanks for your sweet comment!!
Take Care!!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Your family is living a rich life in so many ways. God's hand will continue to show faithful in the days to come.

You are precious to me.

peace~elaine

Ms.Daisy said...

Sheri,
What wonderful pictures your husband takes - you are right it may be time for him to start a blog!
I'm on my way to Lancaster to see my daughter and sweet grandbaby. Yes, the tree was planted in the wrong area and grew too large too fast! Thanks for stopping by - see you soon!
Hugs,
Jean

Everyday with Ethan said...

I love this picture of you two. A perfect one to hold you over until your man is home. Thanks for sharing their journey and good to get unlimited texting. I sure learned that one the hard way $$$$$

Lora said...

Oh my, I love the picture of you and Anthony on your vacation - beautiful, just beautiful!

I have a limit on my texting too...glad you went with the unlimited plan while he's in Ethiopia.

Blessings to you!