“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Saturday, May 15, 2010

1st & 15th Scripture Memory 2010: Verse 10
Experiencing God


"I am the vine; you are the branches. 
If a man remains in me and I in him, 
he will bear much fruit; 
apart from me you can do nothing."  
John 15:5

Honestly... I haven't memorized verse 9 yet... but here I am with verse 10.  I am going to give myself grace... because that is what I would offer to anyone else.  I have come to realize that part of the practice of memorizing scripture is becoming more familiar with the location of verses and meditating on the meaning of the verses... so even when I don't memorize a verse completely... I am still benefiting from the practice.

I have selected my current memory verse from my upcoming summer Bible Study Experiencing God by Henry & Richard Blackaby with Claude King.  It is going to be a great follow-up to One In A Million by Priscilla Shirer.
In our walks with the Lord, we too will discover moments when a season of camping out in the foothills of Sinai ends and we are compelled to take what we've gathered and move forward.  When our souls begin to stir and the Holy Spirit begins gently nudging us to turn, set a new journey, and go, we can know that God is moving us to a new place in or relationship with Him. ~ Priscilla Shirer, One In A Million
I have felt compelled to ask the precious sisters in my life to join me as I study Experiencing God.  If you would like to join us as we turn, set a new journey, and go... here's the details:
  • You can pick up the Member Workbook for $15 at the new Lifeway Store on Cedar Hills Boulevard.  (Make sure you get the Experiencing God Member Workbook.  There are many books that use the same title.)
  • The first meeting will be on Tuesday, June 1st, at my home from 9:30-11:30am.  
  • The study has twelve weeks worth of homework.  
  • During the first meeting we will discuss any dates that may need to be adjusted due to summer vacations.  But for the most part... we're on for every Tuesday in the summer.
  • You should have week one complete for the first meeting.  
  • We will be discussing the homework.  
  • Feel free to come with or without your homework completed.  
  • There will not be a DVD used for this study. 
  • I do not provide childcare... although your well-behaved children can hang out with us under your supervision.  If we are able to find reliable childcare we can chip in together.  I am open to any and all ideas.  Please contact me before attending, so that I can answer any questions.
So if your soul has begun to stir and the Holy Spirit begun to gently nudge you to experience God in a new way... make plans to join me this summer.

7 comments:

Yolanda said...

“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.”- Romans 12:12 NIV

Yolanda
Kansas

Yolanda said...

ps: I so want to do Experiencing God, my workbook came in the mail this week. But currenlty I haven't found anyone that has the videos/dvd's that I could use and return. ;-(

Sandy said...

John 15:5 was my first for May 1. Great scripture!

2 Corinthisnas 1:3NIV
Praise be to the God and Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received.

Tammy said...

Still haven't found my verse yet...need whatver it is to speak to my heart and so I am waiting.

If I was in your neck of the woods I would be at bible study in a heartbeat, but since I am not..heheh I will be praying for all of yall.

blessings my friend

rooney said...

"Like a city whose walls are broken down is a man who lacks self-control." Proverbs 25:28

This is from day 1/week 10 of Living Beyond Yourself. We finished the class tonight and I am always sad to see them end. This ranks up there as one of my very favorites. The silver lining is that I will now have time to read Anonymous by Alicia Britt Chole (suggested to me by a dear Siesta!) ;-)

Thank you!
I pray blessing over your new journey and for all the ladies who attend.

In Jesus' love,
jackie

gideonmommasita said...

Your picture reminded me of the wisteria in my yard...the sturdy branch and the young tendril vines, I understood the concept before but the picture brought clarity. Thank you for sharing that you hadn't memorized May's first Bible verse and that grace rules.

Laura said...

Just wanted to say that our neighborhood Bible study finished "Experiencing God" recently. I had done it many years ago, and was equally blessed this time. I know you will be too! Happy studying!