"I am the vine; you are the branches.
If a man remains in me and I in him,
he will bear much fruit;
apart from me you can do nothing."
Honestly... I haven't memorized verse 9 yet... but here I am with verse 10. I am going to give myself grace... because that is what I would offer to anyone else. I have come to realize that part of the practice of memorizing scripture is becoming more familiar with the location of verses and meditating on the meaning of the verses... so even when I don't memorize a verse completely... I am still benefiting from the practice.
I have selected my current memory verse from my upcoming summer Bible Study Experiencing God by Henry & Richard Blackaby with Claude King. It is going to be a great follow-up to One In A Million by Priscilla Shirer.
In our walks with the Lord, we too will discover moments when a season of camping out in the foothills of Sinai ends and we are compelled to take what we've gathered and move forward. When our souls begin to stir and the Holy Spirit begins gently nudging us to turn, set a new journey, and go, we can know that God is moving us to a new place in or relationship with Him. ~ Priscilla Shirer, One In A MillionI have felt compelled to ask the precious sisters in my life to join me as I study Experiencing God. If you would like to join us as we turn, set a new journey, and go... here's the details:
- You can pick up the Member Workbook for $15 at the new Lifeway Store on Cedar Hills Boulevard. (Make sure you get the Experiencing God Member Workbook. There are many books that use the same title.)
- The first meeting will be on Tuesday, June 1st, at my home from 9:30-11:30am.
- The study has twelve weeks worth of homework.
- During the first meeting we will discuss any dates that may need to be adjusted due to summer vacations. But for the most part... we're on for every Tuesday in the summer.
- You should have week one complete for the first meeting.
- We will be discussing the homework.
- Feel free to come with or without your homework completed.
- There will not be a DVD used for this study.
- I do not provide childcare... although your well-behaved children can hang out with us under your supervision. If we are able to find reliable childcare we can chip in together. I am open to any and all ideas. Please contact me before attending, so that I can answer any questions.