“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

One of The Greatest Tragedies Among God's People...


"Watch To See Where God Is Working And Join Him!" ~ Henry Blackaby

Ethiopia April 2010
photography by Anthony

Jesus said to them, "My Father is always at his work 
to this very day, and I, too, am working."  

Jesus gave them this answer: "I tell you the truth, 
the Son can do nothing by himself; 
he can do only what he sees his Father doing, 
because whatever the Father does the Son also does.   
For the Father loves the Son and shows him all he does. 
Yes, to your amazement 
he will show him even greater things than these.
John 5:17, 19-20 

God Is Always At Work Around You
"Right now God is working all around you, as well as in your life.  One of the greatest tragedies among God's people is that, although they deeply long to experience God, they are encountering Him day after day but do not recognize Him.  By the end of this course, you will have learned many ways to clearly identify God's activity in and around your life.  The Holy Spirit and God's word will instruct you and will help you know when and where God is working.  Once you know where He is active, you will adjust your life to join Him in His activity." ~ Excerpt from Experiencing God
I had been struggling with offering "Experiencing God" as a summer Bible Study.  Although the study is life-changing (I know this because I have done it twice), it is intense... and not what many would consider as a "summer" study.   It was a Sunday afternoon about two weeks ago when I asked God for yet another confirmation.  Looking at the tweleve weeks of study and over 260 pages of homework... I thought perhaps God might change His mind.

That evening Anthony and eight others would give testimonies about their recent trip to Ethiopia.  The stories were mind-boggling.  Almost unbelievable... and yet knowing God and knowing these saints... the stories were true... and a longing to have God work in our midst began to stir.

And the night was almost over.  It was one of those nights that you don't want to end... and I was so grateful I could ask Anthony more about the stories on the way home.  But then it happened... the words were said something like, "We just joined God where He was working."  And my heart about stopped... as I knew exactly where those words could be found.  And as if it wasn't enough, our pastor closed out the evening reminding us where those words could be found.  And my heart began to beat, again... and tears filled my eyes... as he said that those words came from a life-changing Bible Study called "Experiencing God."

And so, as I experienced God that evening... I went ahead with my preparations for my summer study.  Warning all those who dare to join me...  If you don't want your life to be changed, then don't take this study!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Wow! I think God got your attention! Wonderful post...I, too, want to be in the midst of where God is working.

Lisa said...

When do we start?

UL Cards Fan said...

Wow Sheri!
Wish I lived closer and could join you. God is using you in a mighty way.
Love, Linda

gideonmommasita said...

Yes, to your amazement
he will show him even greater things than these. Amen
beautiful picture, beautiful testimony of your prayers and God's answers

Lora said...

Love all of Anthony's pictures from his trip.