“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Would You Dare To Believe?

I heard this song on KLOVE this morning... and I thought of you.  You are going through a lot of pain right now... a lot of questions... like "Why, God?"  I know you can't see the bigger picture... but God can... and could you even imagine that the wilderness you are going through right now... just might be the answer to your prayer?

And we know that God causes everything 
to work together for the good of those who love God 
and are called according to his purpose for them.  
Romans 8:28 NLT




Before the Morning

Do you wonder why you have to,
feel the things that hurt you,
if there's a God who loves you,
where is He now?

Maybe, there are things you can't see
and all those things are happening
to bring a better ending
some day, some how, you'll see, you'll see

Chorus:
Would dare you, would you dare, to believe,
that you still have a reason to sing,
'cause the pain you've been feeling,
can't compare to the joy that's coming

so hold on, you got to wait for the light
press on, just fight the good fight
because the pain you've been feeling,
it's just the dark before the morning

My friend, you know how this all ends
and you know where you're going,
you just don't know how you get there
so just say a prayer.
and hold on, cause there's good who love God,
life is not a snapshot, it might take a little time,
but you'll see the bigger picture

Would dare you, would you dare, to believe,
that you still have a reason to sing,
'cause the pain you've been feeling,
can't compare to the joy that's coming

so hold on, you got to wait for the light
press on, just fight the good fight
because the pain you've been feeling,
it's just the dark before the morning
yeah, yeah,
before the morning,
yeah, yeah

Once you feel the way of glory,
all your pain will fade to memory
once you feel the way of glory,
all your pain will fade to memory
memory, memory, yeah

Would dare you, would you dare, to believe,
that you still have a reason to sing,
'cause the pain you've been feeling,
can't compare to the joy that's coming

Would dare you, would you dare, to believe,
that you still have a reason to sing,
'cause the pain you've been feeling,
can't compare to the joy that's coming

com'n, you got to wait for the light
press on, just fight the good fight
because the pain you've been feeling,
it's just the hurt before the healing
the pain you've been feeling,
just the dark before the morning
before the morning, yeah, yeah
before the morning

Christian lyrics - BEFORE THE MORNING LYRICS - JOSH WILSON

6 comments:

Go-Between said...

That was wonderful! Thanks for sharing it!

a portland granny said...

My dear girl, I just have to thank you for this post! I never miss reading your posts, but some are so deep that I'm left without words to write--I feel like so many are so over my experiences at this time in my life, yet I yearn for more.

Trust all is well in your world--nobody sick, or anyone traveling for a while!! Christopher will soon be out of school. It is just hard to believe that another school year is ending. In June I will be retired 20 years--that is 2/3 of my whole teaching career!! I just shake my head and wonder "how did I get here?"

Take care..

bp said...

Great song, it sounds a little bit familliar. The lyrics are so true. It is SO hard to wait but I know looking back God has His timing and way for everything we go through.

Deborah said...

I love this song. I've just recently found Josh Wilson and am so glad I have. Thank you for thinking of me and posting this for me.

Lisa said...

Love you sissy! God gave me you!

heidi lind said...

Alright God I hear you! I'm reading a book that has life stories of ways people have heard God. He speaks to us in many different styles. Song is one of them. Going through this season in my life this song by Josh is played many many many times on the Fish. Often times it plays when I'm at my lowest. One morning it was the song playing when my alarm went off just after a sleepless dark night. Right this very moment as I'm asking God WHY!! WHAM..you print the song. Alright God I hear you. Thank you Sheri.