“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Monday, June 14, 2010

1st & 15th Scripture Memory 2010: Verse 12

Newport, Oregon

My son is completing his final days of elementary school.  I am a little weepy about it.  No longer a little boy... he is now a preteen.

"Mommm, I'm a tweenager."

Christopher is changing.  Growing.  My relationship with him is changing.  Growing. 

This past week, I studied what Henry Blackaby calls the second reality of experiencing God... "God pursues a continuing love relationship with you that is real and personal."  (The first reality is "God is always at work around you.") Thinking of God pursuing a relationship with me... like I pursue with Christopher.  A continuing love relationship... just like I want with Christopher. Real and personal.  Yes, just like I want with Christopher.

Pursues
Continuing
Love
Relationship
Real
Personal

I think the word that touches me the most in that statement... is the word continuing.  God pursues an ongoing, continuous, sustained, persistent, steady, relentless, uninterrupted, unabating, unremitting, unceasing love relationship with me that is real and personal.  Wow!  That makes me feel precious.  Just like Christopher is to me.

My memory verses are taken from units 4 & 5 of Experiencing God.

Unit 4:  Love and God's Invitation

"Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me.
He who loves me will be loved by my Father, 
and I too will love him and show myself to him.
John 14:21


Unit 5: God Speaks, Part I

"He who belongs to God hears what God says. 
The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.
John 8:47

5 comments:

vintage girl at heart said...

yes this next journey with our tweenagers will require a different pace of mothering.
love that photo of you two and your new bloggy look too.
blessings to you and yours.

Yolanda said...

"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you." Isaiah 43:2 ESV

Sandy said...

Thank you for sharing your verses with me!

A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.
Proverbs 15:1

But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure, then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of murcy and good fruit, impartial and sincere.
James 3:17

rooney said...

Colossians 1:17. (NIV)
He is before all things and in Him all things hold together.

Memorizing this for myself (obviously :-D ) and for Rob and Lisa. Rob was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor 2 weeks ago. He and Lisa are my neighbors and my dear brother/sister in Christ. We attend the same church. last Monday i gave lisa a spiral with this verse in it. the picture on the front of the spiral is Anthony's picture of the scroll. i hope she fills that spiral up. just yesterday, Rob had a biopsy done on the tumor. they went in thru his skull. i haven't heard yet today what the results were. please pray for them as God brings them to mind.

thanks!
love ya siesta!
jackie

Julie Musil said...

What an amazing post. I have one son who just finished 7th grade, and twin boys who just finished 4th. I can relate to how you are feeling!