“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Monday, June 7, 2010

The Fifth Day


So God created the great creatures of the sea 
and every living and moving thing with which the water teems,
according to their kinds... And God saw that it was good.  
Genesis 1:21 NIV

We had the opportunity to visit the Oregon Coast Aquarium this past weekend.  One of my favorite exhibits to visit at any aquarium... are the jellyfish.  



God blessed them and said, "Be fruitful and increase in number 
and fill the water in the seas..." 
And there was evening, and there was morning—the fifth day.  
Genesis 1:22-23

I just stand... and watch them dance.  Amazed at their beauty and gracefulness.  Wondering what it must be like to be alive but without a thought... without a care... 

But I was created on the sixth day.

5 comments:

gideonmommasita said...

Well I must say I have never associated the Bible with Jelly fish and so your connection was a very fresh perspective...especially since we so recently had our own experience with them. My cousin took pictures of the blue buttons that were washing up on her beach last week, they were beautiful.

Kathi Woodall said...

Yep, Sister, you were created on the 6th day, which means you got to be created in His image. More than the beauty of the jellyfish (which, btw, is my favorite part of an aquarium as well) is the art masterpiece He created you to be. Eph. 2:10, "For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." Have a great day, Sheri!

Lisa said...

Anthony has been given such a blessed gift in photography. Please thank him for sharing it with us.

fallingintofavor said...

Ohh wow, I love those pictures! Every time that I saw a jelly fish live {in the ocean} my parents would be pulling me away and running in terror! lol. Just beautiful to behold.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

These are stunning photographs... I wonder how we look to them!

What a gift...

peace~elaine