“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I'm Feeling a Little Lost Today...

Be Still, and Know That I am God... Psalm 46:10

I am feeling a little lost today... well, for the past couple of days.  Perhaps it is the weather (which is still daily dreary here)... but most likely it is Kyron Horman... a precious child of God that has been missing for six days now.  

His school is about 8 miles from my home.  He is only 7 years old... in second grade.  And every picture of him... makes me wish I knew him... and could rescue him.  And so I pray.

And I follow the Facebook pages that have been set up concerning his disappearance.  Hoping that there will soon be wonderful news.  But there is no news yet.

And some of the comments just make me wonder... like the one that said they "were keeping their fingers crossed and toes, too" that Kryon would be home soon.  And I've been wondering if that really works.  And decided to try it... but not sure that I can keep that up very long.  And so instead... I pray for this little lamb's return. 

Then today I thought... perhaps I should ask for prayer for myself, because I am feeling a little lost... which I have to be very cautious about... because depression for me is a slippery slope.  But I immediately felt shameful for even thinking it.  Why would I ask anyone to pray for me... when Kyron is missing... and we should be praying for his safe return?  How could I be so selfish?

But then the Lord gently reminded me that... He can rescue Kyron AND He has the strength to calm the storm within me.
...Was my arm too short to ransom you?
Do I lack the strength to rescue you?
By a mere rebuke I dry up the sea,
I turn rivers into a desert... 
Isaiah 50:2

Sometimes my prayers seem insignificant to me... but they are not to God.  He loves me and wants me to come to Him.  And He loves Kyron, too.

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more 
than all we ask or imagine, 
according to his power that is at work within us... 
Ephesians 3:20

Dear Heavenly Father,
Today I am praying for You to do what Your Word says You will do... immeasurably more than I am asking or even imagining... for Kyron and his family... and for me, too.  In Jesus' name, Amen.

7 comments:

KB said...

I too am following the news of this little boy, his mother lives in my town. I've held my little son extra close these past few days trying not to imagine it being him.
I will be praying that God gives you an overwhelming sense of peace today and that you can feel it down to your crossed toes!
Hugs!

Sherrie said...

I too am lost, this little guy has effected everyone. Driving around I found myself praying.."Lord give me your eyes to find him"...I believe in miracles big and small...and today I pray for a BIG miracle..because everyday is one less day that this young angel is not with his family. I am lost knowing that I am so helpless...& I am praying for you, Sheri.. because we are the warriors that surround this young innocent soul...so pray for me too, as I am where you are...waiting with fingers crossed, toes crossed, and eyes lifted up to heaven praying this brings a happy ending.

Amy said...

This brought tears to my eyes. I am so grateful that God cares about every care we have...no matter what it is.

Yolanda said...

Sheri,

Amen, for this tiny little man-child, and Amen for you and for me, and for whom-ever comes asking.

With love,
Yolanda

teri-free2bme said...

All the way down here in TX, everyday, several times a day, I see this story about this boy's disappearance on the news headlines. I too am praying. As a mom, my heart breaks for the family who trusted their son was safe at school.

Prayer is powerful, but it's the One we pray to, who is "power-full". May God bring Kyron home safely and give peace to his family and all who love him.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Lots of love, Sheri...

My prayers are with you and with this family.

peace~elaine

Leila said...

Your heart for this little boy reveals your tender spirit. A tender spirit that depression visits sometimes. Even Jesus asked His friends to pray for Him when He knew there were hurting people all around Him. I am praying for you, my dear friend. I know you're praying for me, too.