“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Sunday, June 6, 2010

The Leaking Window:
My Third Anniversary

Where It All Started - The Portland Chinese Garden

I have been blogging for three years!  Can you believe it?!  To commemorate our anniversary, I'll retell the tale of how "The Leaking Window" arrived at its name.


 In May of 2007, I entered the world of blog. My sister-in-law's blog, FreckledFarm was my inspiration. I love Cammyk's beautiful pictures and unpretensious posts, and I'm not alone in that thought.


Just like any other blogger, I wanted to name my blog something... well, thought-provoking, curious... or even cute. With much consideration, Christopher suggested "CheeseyWheesey." Although cute, clever, and high in protein, it wasn't the trademark moniker that I had envisioned.


A Leaking Window

Around the same time Christopher had a field trip to the Portland Classical Chinese Gardens. During the tour the guide explained to us about these curious windows throughout the garden. Each window has "a unique design depicting nature or a geometric pattern." The windows leak a view. Lan Su Yuan Leak Windows -- a “'borrowed view,' sharing a glimpse of the verdant beauty that lies beyond."

Well, I thought that was just the blog name I was looking for! Letting people have a glimpse into my life through a "window." How perfect... and to be part of a garden... well, you know how I feel about gardening...

8 comments:

gideonmommasita said...

Happy
Anniversary

vintage girl at heart said...

HappY Third Anniversary!!!
It seems like just yesterday that we started commenting on one another's blogs!!
What did we do before the wonderful world of blogging and making new friends???
Have a Blessed week!!!

Ms.Daisy said...

Sheri,
Happy Third Anniversary and many, many more! Thanks for stopping by to say hi!


Hugs,
Jean

Tammy said...

Happy Anniversary. It hardly seems possible I have been reading here for quite a while. wishing you more to come!

Amy said...

Happy Anniversary!

bp said...

Congrats for three years :)
You have blessed me!

Granmom said...

cong. on 3 years. I really enjoy reading and viewing the pictures. Keep it the good work. Love you GM

Anonymous said...

Just happened upon your blog as I was researching "Hope springs eternal" and must say it is such a beautiful blog with wonderful pictures. I enjoyed the read. May the good Lord bless you in your work.