“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Thursday, July 15, 2010

1st & 15th Scripture Memory 2010: Verse 14

What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet... William Shakespeare


My memory verses are taken from units 8 & 9 of Experiencing God.

Unit 8: Adjusting Your Life To God

In the same way, any of you who does not give up everything he has cannot be my disciple. Luke 14:33

Unit 9: Experiencing God Through Obedience

Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. 
My Father will love him, 
and we will come to him and make our home with him. 
John 14:23

4 comments:

Sandy said...

I will lie down and sleep in peace, for You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety. Psalm 4:8
Therefore, since through God's mercy, we have this ministry, we do not lose heart.
2 Corinthians 4:1

a portland granny said...

Those verses are pretty sobering. They are good reminders to not lose sight of Whose we are..and show it in our lives.

Will you call me when you get home-have some questions about Macs and the blogger! Also, always thinking about how good a visit with you would be.

Have fun!

rooney said...

Psalm 40:2-3 The Message
God taught me how to sing the latest God-song, a praise song to our God. More and more people are seeing this. they enter the mystery, abandoning themselves to God.

the latest deaf choir song is taken from Travis Cottrell's song called Psalm 40 (I'm Abandoning Myself).

fallingintofavor said...

It's continuing from John 14:21 that you {and later I} memorized a couple weeks ago!