“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

He Is With You

The other morning I was listening to this song.... and heard the words... and I thought how we all need to be reminded that "He Is With YOU" because sometimes... it sure doesn't feel like it.  And sometimes we need people in our lives who will speak the Truth to us.  And so here I am... reminding you... encouraging you... that in all this and through all this... He is with you.

I love you.




He Is With You
by Mandisa

There's a time to live
And a time to die
There's a time to laugh
And a time to cry

There's a time for war
And a time for peace
There's a hand to hold
In the worst of things
In the worst of things

He is with you when your faith is dead
And you can't even get out of bed

Or your husband doesn't kiss you anymore

He is with you when your baby's gone
And your house is still
And your hearts are stone
Crying "God what'd you do that for?"
He is with you

There's a time for yes
And a time for no
There's a time to be angry
And a time to let it go

There's a time to run
And a time to face it
There's love to seek
In all of this
Through all of this

He is with you in the conference room
When the world is coming down on you
And your wife and kids don't know you anymore

And He is with you in the ICU 
when the doctors don't know what to do
And it scares you to the core
He is with you

We may weep for a time but joy will come in the morning
The morning light

He is with you when your kids are grown
When there's too much space and you feel alone
And you're worried if you got it right or wrong

Yes He is with you when you've given up 
on ever finding your true love
Someone who feels like home
He is with you

When nothing else is left and you take your final breath
He is with you

10 comments:

mjhellman said...

Thank you for sharing this today. It really touched me! I see you are from the Portland area and so am I. I am loving this cooler weather today.

Thanks again for touching my heart today. We all need to be reminded "He is With You" always and forever.

Mary

Deborah said...

This is one of my favorite songs! Mandisa used to work here (before I came to work here) so every now and then she comes back and does our chapel.

I've made a note of this "in all this and through all this...He is with you"...to give to my mother.

Thank you!

Amy said...

Sometimes I wonder, "Lord, are you in this?" I needed to be reminded that, indeed, he is in this, and he is with me.

fallingintofavor said...

Needed that! I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God is with me, yet sometimes my emotions and mind are in such a battle that I forget that truth.

Those are the last Words Jesus told us {Matthew 28:20}, that He is with us. So comforting to know!

Laura said...

I love this song! When I first heard it, I was reminded of some of the songs done by Point of Grace.

Nice to have you back from vacation! Hope it was a great time of refreshment.

Ms.Daisy said...

Sheri,
The lyrics are beautiful! It is comforting to know that He is always with us!

~Jean

Karen June Miller said...

I don't think we can ever have too much encouragement! Thanks for sharing this!

After all, the truth sets us FREE!

KJ
SoCal

gideonmommasita said...

first cry of the day..check!
Thanks
would love to do a study on the line: joy will come in the morning

A Blessed Woman said...

I love this song! I haven't heard it for quite sometime. Thank you so much for sharing!!

rooney said...

I have come back to your blog several times just to listen to Mandisa. that song really ministers to me this week. thank you Sheri!