“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Friday, July 9, 2010

Majesty


O LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!
       You have set your glory above the heavens. 

 From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise
       because of your enemies,to silence the foe and the avenger. 

 When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers,
       the moon and the stars, which you have set in place,
 what is man that you are mindful of him,
       the son of man that you care for him?

 You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings
       and crowned him with glory and honor.

 You made him ruler over the works of your hands;
       you put everything under his feet:
 all flocks and herds, and the beasts of the field,
 the birds of the air, and the fish of the sea,
       all that swim the paths of the seas. 
 
 O LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!

Psalm 8

5 comments:

Deborah said...

Sheri, What a beautiful picture. I've set it as my background on my computer. Your guy is so talented. Thank you for sharing.

bp said...

Such a blessing to read this tonight and see a beautiful piece of God's magnificent work. Thanks for sharing.

Laura said...

Absolutely beautiful!

a portland granny said...

I love that Psalm!

You and Anthony have to produce a book! His pictures, with the Scriptures you choose on glossy paper, hard cover with a lovely book jacket for coffee tables, gifts for shut-ins and just a book to enjoy for one's own enjoymen.

I see it clearly in my mind's eye!!

fallingintofavor said...

how beautiful was that to read aloud! what a great reminder. I often get a touch of favor from God and I think that I don't deserve it. I'm thankful that God crowns me with glory and honor!