“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Thursday, August 19, 2010

As of Late - August 19th, 2010

The Milky Way
August 15, 2010


Lately I have been looking at the stars... and meteorites.  (Thanks, honey.)

Lately I have been distracted from my focus on the Lord by mindless activities. 

Lately I have been experiencing 2 Corinthians 1:3-7.  (Comforting others through their depression.)

Lately I have been preparing to be a mother of a middle school tweenager. 

Lately Christopher has begun redecorating his room. (From barn/cowboy to the Dallas Cowboys.)

Lately I have been keeping secrets. 

Lately I made a huge blunder, but God turned my bad... into His good.  (Thank you, God!)

Lately I have been staring at my tomato plants in hopes that they will ripen before Christmas.

Lately I have been learning about the necessity of each member in the body of Christ.

Lately I have been studying about mentoring.  Nurture by Lisa Bevere.

Lately I am attempting a God-sized task.

Lately I have forgotten how to say the word no.



And I’ve been wondering, what have you been up to as of late?

Feel free to link up or comment with what you’ve been loving, learning and listening to as of late.  Thanks to Kristen for hosting this meme.  Details can be found here.



2 comments:

Sherrie said...

Lately I have been realizing that God is closer than I sometimes care to admit.
Lately I have had an epiphany that the saying; "This too shall Pass"..had me in mind.
Lately I know that I can do ALL things, through Christ who strengthens me.
Lately I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I can not wait to get back with my Bible Study girls.
Lately I have been wishing my sisters lived closer because I miss them.
Lately I have been trying to be nicer.
Lately I gave out nearly 100 Iced Cold water bottles as a community project in 30 minutes.

Ms.Daisy said...

Sheri,
I am loving this meme...will try to hop on over when I can! Hope everything is going well for you and your family! I LOVE Anthony's photography!


~Jean