“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Friday, August 27, 2010

A friendship that began 25 years ago.

Wedding Day
August 27, 1988
Hagerstown, Maryland

We met in 1985.  I was 17 and Anthony was 19.  We were attending the same church and ended up on a youth choir tour together that ended up at Nigara Falls.  It was love at first sight, but we were both dating other people.  We decided to stay friends which only seemed to fuel the fire, so we began dating six months later with our first kiss on New Years Eve.  Two years later on New Years Eve, Anthony proposed and within nine months we were married.

Happy Anniversary, honey!  And thanks, again, for not slopping wedding cake all over my face!

9 comments:

vintage girl at heart said...

Happy Anniversary!!!
You two look soooo adorable!!!
Blessings for many more years of Friendship :)!!

Amy said...

Sweet, sweet picture! Happy Anniversary...and many blessings to you!

a portland granny said...

Happy Anniversary!! What a great picture! I imagine lots of growing, changing, learning, and much more has transpired during the 25 years, bringing you to where you are today--a steadfast couple, grounded deeply in the love of God and enjoying, together, that wonderful little boy with whom you have been blessed!

gideonmommasita said...

Happy Anniversary!

Laura said...

Happy Anniversary...with wishes for many more to come!

Julie Musil said...

Happy anniversary! I love sweet stories like this, and I wish you both the very best.

Ms.Daisy said...

Love that picture, Sheri! Congratulations on your 22nd anniversary!




~Jean

Runner Mom said...

Happy anniversary! Love this picture...and the picture of the star trails...amazing! You,sweet friend, are in my prayers. Thank you for lifting up Elaine! The power of prayer is awesome.
Hugs!
Susan

fallingintofavor said...

Happy Anniversary! That's a long long time to spend with a friend :) in love!