“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

You Are God Alone

Mt. Hood Dressed in Pink


I think what we listen to influences what we think about.  I have been sharing songs that have made an impact on me.  I want to know what songs have touched you.  Leave a comment with the name of a song (or songs) that you would encourage me to listen to and you will be entered to win the following three cds:
Freedom by Mandisa featuring the song "He Is With You"

Something to Say by Matthew West featuring the song "All The Broken Pieces"

Let The Worshippers Arise by Phillips, Craig & Dean featuring the song "You Are God Alone"





You Are God Alone (not a god) Lyrics

You are not a God
Created by human hands
You are not a god
Dependant on any mortal man
You are not a god
In need of anything we can give
By Your plan, that’s just the way it is 

You are God alone
From before time began
You were on Your throne
Your are God alone
And right now
In the good times and bad
You are on Your throne
You are God alone
You’re the only God
Whose power none can contend
You’re the only God
Whose name and praise will never end
You’re the only God
Who’s worthy of everything we can give
You are God
And that’s just the way it is 

Unchangeable
Unshakable
Unstoppable
That’s what You are


PS.  In your comments, please include the name of an influential song... and make sure you indicate whether or not you want to be included in the giveaway. Winner will be drawn with my next post.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks honey for putting up my photos. It's appreciated!

gideonmommasita said...

Beautiful photos.
When I was in the car the other day the beginning of a song came on and before the lyrics started even though I couldn't remember what song it was I knew it was going to make me tear up...sure-nuf. It was Casting Crowns, I'll praise you in the storm

sister sheri said...

Dear Emily - Thanks for the recommendation! I haven't listened to the Lifesong CD in quite a while. I am going to go find it and load it to the iPod. What a great inspirational song.

Amy said...

Trust & Obey. An oldie, but goodie. :)

fallingintofavor said...

You can sign me up! & I agree: what we listen to totally influences the way we think.

This week I have been stuck on there two songs: Bethany Dillon's Let Your Light Shine and Be Near Me

Julie Musil said...

Those lyrics are beautiful.

I may sound old fashioned, but one of my favorites is Amazing Grace. I cry every time I sing it. Before my dad died, this was the one song my dad insisted be played at his funeral.

Thanks for the reminder of the power music can have.

MissKris said...

The photos on your blog are AMAZING...this is your husband's photography? I'm coming over from the comment you left on my blog to thank you for stopping by and also to 'meet' a fellow Portland blogger! Your blog is so peaceful and beautiful!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

New artist, Audrey Assad and "the house you're building"... great voice and such beautiful, lyrical prose.

peace~elaine

sew or sow said...

My heart is broken for so many Christians who come to our sanctuaries every week but do not experience a relationship with their savior. The closest they have ever come is sitting in church. One Sunday as I left church after expressing to one of my prayer partners what I pray for the people this song came on the radio. 'More Like Falling in Love' by Jason Gray. I had never heard it before. Now it is my prayer for our church.

beloved Mama said...

I LOVE the song- You are God alone... LOVE IT!!!!