“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Thursday, September 2, 2010

1st & 15th Scripture Memory 2010: Verse 17
Binding... Proclaiming... and Releasing

Newport, Oregon


The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me,  
because the LORD has anointed me  
to preach good news to the poor. 
  
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,  
to proclaim freedom for the captives  
and release from darkness for the prisoners...
Isaiah 61:1


In less than two weeks, I'll begin Beth Moore's Bible Study, Breaking Free:  The Journey, The Stories.  (Updated Edition.)  A majority of the scripture for this study is taken from Isaiah.  I have decided that I will memorize Isaiah 61:1-4 over the next eight weeks. 

I did the original study back in 2003.  Life-changing then... but I have a feeling that this time is really going to clear out some of the clutter I've been keeping in my closets.  I'm hoping you'll join me.  I think we all could use a little binding... proclaiming... and releasing... Well, I know I can.


~~~~~~~~~~

PS Thank you for praying for Elaine.  You can find out her updated status on peace for the journey.

4 comments:

Beth E. said...

My son has that book. His young adult Sunday school class did that study one summer. You've challenged me to locate that book and read it for myself!

Blessings...

Julie Musil said...

That sounds like it will be an amazing experience. I hope you'll share it with us.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

a great post..Loved reading your blog...Have a great holiday weekend.
I have a GREAT HOLIDAY ORNAMENT GIVEAWAY on my blog...drawing on Mon.

elizabeth embracing life said...

Is this going to be a PCC study. I would love to go through this book. One of the gals I mentor has asked me to go through this book with her and I think for me it would be wonderful. Let me know. thanks, elizabeth