“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Saturday, October 16, 2010

1st & 15th Scripture Memory 2010: Verse 19


To care for the needs of all who mourn in Zion,
give them bouquets of roses instead of ashes,
Messages of joy instead of news of doom,
a praising heart instead of a languid spirit.
Rename them "Oaks of Righteousness"
planted by God to display his glory.
Isaiah 61:3 MSG

I am currently memorizing Isaiah 61:1-4 NIV.  But I love to read scripture in different translations of the Bible.  Gives a different viewpoint, doesn't it?

I'll be at least a memory verse short this year.  I took four weeks to memorize my last verse instead of two.  And looking at the length of this verse... perhaps I'll take four weeks for it, too.

Beth Moore will be hosting a Siesta Scripture Memory Team next year.  It definitely behooves me to do this as part of a team.  Maybe you'll join me?

I hope you enjoy your bouquet of roses, today!

2 comments:

rooney said...

oh yea! i'm joining and hoping to encourage many of the ladies to join me too! i'm in week 7 of
Breaking Free and it is so rich in scripture so that's where i'm drawing my verses from this time.

Isaiah 51:10, 15
Was it not You who dried up the sea, the waters of the great deep, who made a road in the depths of the sea so that the redeemed might cross over? For I am the LORD your God, who churns up the sea so that its waves roar -- the LORD Almighty is His name.

Blessings to you, Sheri!
Jackie












i'm having a tough time picking the 'one'.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

One of the best pieces of motherly wisdom I've received from mine is something along these lines...

"Elaine, we all do a really good job of sending people flowers when they die; blessed are those who send flowers to others while they are yet living."

I thought about this when reading your verse.

Oh that we would all do better about sending bouquets to others.

peace~elaine