“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Sunday, October 17, 2010

As of Late - October 17, 2010 (aka 500th post)

Time to Celebrate!

As of late... I have published my 500th post!

Lately, I have been enjoying this crazy sunny weather.  Our tomatoes are seriously still ripening on the vine (and they are delicious!)... I am not suffering with Seasonal Affective Disorder (relief!)... and the days seem longer than usual.

Lately, I watched my husband complete his 10th marathon on 10/10/10.  (Don't forget that next year we get to go to Boston!)  Christopher and I did the Family 10k.  They dropped us off at mile 20 and we walked the last 6.2 miles alongside the runners.

Lately, I helped to organize a jog-a-thon fund raiser at my son's school.  And let me tell you that I am really popular, now.  The kids love me!  Well, it might have something to do with all those silly bandz that were handed out... but we had a beautiful day and the kids had a lot of fun!  And the parents and teachers, too!

Lately, I have been looking for photos for my in-law's 50th anniversary.  I am so excited that Christopher will be able to be there for the celebration... to see two people that he adores celebrate a wonderful milestone.  (Plus he can get ideas of what to do for his parent's 25th in 3 years!)

Lately, I have been considering a train trip to Seattle to visit friends (who recently moved due to a job relocation).  Hoping that Seattle isn't really all that far away from Portland :(  

Lately, I have been made more aware of the human trafficking industry in Portland.  It is painful for me to get my brain around it, but I feel the need to start praying... knowing that God will...  

bring good news to the poor... 
comfort the brokenhearted... 
proclaim that captives will be released 
 and prisoners will be freed... 
tell those who mourn that the time of the Lord’s favor has come, 
and with it, the day of God’s anger against their enemies... 
he will give a crown of beauty for ashes, 
a joyous blessing instead of mourning... 
festive praise instead of despair... 
Isaiah 61:1-3 NLT

And lately, I have been hearing of how the Lord is answering prayer... after prayer... after prayer... and I am rejoicing with those who are the recipients of these answered prayers... and my faith is growing and becoming more emboldened as I pray for those whose prayers have yet to be answered.



 Post Script...
Thank you for your support and encouragement over the past 500 posts.   I think of all the times that I quit blogging... wondering why I was blogging at all...
Ray Kinsella: What are you grinning at, you ghost?
Shoeless Joe: "If you build it -" [gestures toward catcher, who is Ray's father, John Kinsella] "- he will come."
Ray : "Ease his pain. Go the distance." It was him!
Shoeless Joe: No, Ray. It was you.
And I guess this is my very own Field of Dreams... and although I thought my blogging was meant for someone else... it was actually for me... for my benefit.  "To ease my pain."  And for me to "go the distance."  Thanks for coming along for the ride!  

13 comments:

a portland granny said...

What a faithful sister you are! Only eternity will reveal what those 500 posts have meant to people--those whose needs were met from a certain post, those who were just plain blessed with what you shared, those who were comforted and me, who is constantly challenged by your writings!!

Bless you, dear sister--keep writing!

Kathi Woodall said...

Congratulations, Sister! I haven't read all 500 but I know you've made a difference for the kingdom because you write truth about God and allow yourself to be used by Him.

rooney said...

way to go Sheri! what an accomplishment. Your writing is always such a blessing to me. I am looking forward to the next 500!

Lately I've been:
-enjoying my new daughter-in-law!
-living with dust and dirt from the street in front of my house being tore up and re-done. today they are paving! yea!
-blessed even more than usual by the sunday evening bible study ladies and Breaking Free
-i've been a slouch on my memory verses. i've written them down so now i guess i actually have to memorize them! ha!

LittleWomen21 said...

Great to hear your praises! We've been having inspiring weather here, too - after a terrible fall last year that spun me into SAD sooner than I wanted.

Blogging really does help us get through the dark times, doesn't it? Well of course really it's God that does it, but he uses journaling and sharing.

Toyin O. said...

Good for you, keep writing.

http://youcanfacetodaybecausehelives.blogspot.com/

UL Cards Fan said...

WOO HOO Sheri! Love reading your posts.

Patti said...

500 posts, congrats!!! I so enjoy your blog and agree, blogging is just as beneficial for those writing as it is for those reading.
I'm so proud of you for stepping up at Christopher's school in leadership; what a great example of a woman you are to him!
And yes, prayers ARE being answered, God IS faithful and I am looking forward to having more time in my life to hang out with YOU after the holidays. :)
Love you!

elizabeth embracing life said...

Congratulations on your 500th post. I have never counted and realized I am in the 300's.

Seattle is an easy trip. Sometimes we go just for the day.

gideonmommasita said...

God Bless you Girlfriend! Thanks for living out loud and out front and leading the charge to live by the Word!

fallingintofavor said...

Wow! A lot has been going on with you! I hope that you have 500 more posts! :)

Laura said...

Congratulations, a true milestone! Make the trip to Seattle...it's just a short little ride and you'll love it!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Congratulations on your 500th post... I'm so glad you're still here with me!

Sounds like a good start to fall in your home and heart. I pray its witness vibrant and lush and overflowing from every angle.

You are good to me, and I love you.

peace~elaine

Karen June Miller said...

Congratulations on your 500th post! I know that my blog achievements always seem to catch me by surprise.

On the subject of "10." When 10-10-10 rolled around, I did a bit of studying about it.

Ten represents completeness of order or a whole cycle. It signifies that the number and order are perfect. Example: The Ten Commandments; The Lord's Prayer completed in 10 clauses; the 10 "I AM's" of Jesus in John; The 10 Plagues; Noah being the 10th generation from God... Ten curtains, ten cubits, were used in the Tabernacle construction. Human beings have ten fingers and ten toes.

It really is fascinating!

Have a super Sunday!
Karen