“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

1st & 15th Scripture Memory 2010: Verse 20

Israel, April 2008
photography by Anthony Kaetzel

They will rebuild the ancient ruins 
and restore the places long devastated; 
they will renew the ruined cities 
that have been devastated for generations.  
Isaiah 61:4

This verse is so meaningful to me.  Part of breaking the cycle of generational devastation is the hope in knowing that those ruins... those ancient ruins... will be rebuilt... and restored... and renewed.  There is hope and joy in that... and a future.

4 comments:

rooney said...

Romans 11:33-36
Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out!
"Who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been his counselor?” “Who has ever given to God, that God should repay them?” For from him and through him and for him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen.


blessings to you, my sister. i still enjoy your blog very much!

jackie

elizabeth embracing life said...

We have this confidence of Truth.

a portland granny said...

I like the way you have personalized this verse!!

Hope all is well with you. You haven't posted for a while.

Do have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Talk to you soon.

vintage girl at heart said...

I was just thinking of you this morning!! Haven't seen you on in a few and blogger has been so weird acting lately..when trying to leave comments...
I've seen that you have had cold weather and maybe snow in your area??!! Brrr! Oh so beautiful though!
I hope you had a Blessed Thanksgiving!