“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Friday, November 26, 2010

As of Late - November 26th, 2010


Snow Leaf

Lately, we enjoyed a little snow in November.  Before Thanksgiving.  This is totally unusual for Portland, Oregon.  It actually hung around for a bit because the temps were below freezing and it wasn't raining.  That has all changed, now.

Lately, I hosted Thanksgiving Dinner.  This is a stretch for me.  Going from having three people in the home to eleven is overwhelming to me.  Even though it was only for a few hours.  Even though we did almost all the prep work the day before at my friend's home.  Even though she did the shopping and her husband cooked the turkeys.  Even though my guests helped me set up the table and then remove the table and helped me clean the dishes and the kitchen.  Even though someone else picked the turkey.  Somehow it feels like a fault to have a big enough home to host Thanksgiving, but not relish the idea of being the host.

Lately, I have completed the Breaking Free Bible Study for the second time.  I wish I could share everything I learned with you, but I think the best thing is for you to go through it yourself... and take a friend with you.

Lately, I have been prepping for my winter Bible Study.  (My church takes a break from Bible Study  over the month of December and since I have to be in structured Bible Study year round... I schedule my own.)   Earlier this year I came across the Leader Kit for God Will Make a Way:  What to Do When You Don't Know What to Do by Henry Cloud and John Townsend.   Regularly $150.  90% off!  I got it for $15.  DVD (and VHS) and a leader guide and a workbook and the book.  When it came time to start publicizing, I started to question the Lord about His choice for the study.  But then I remembered how He was right on about the Experiencing God study for the summer, so I figured I might as well obey Him.  If you live in the metro Portland area, please join me!

Lately,  I have not been compelled to blog.  But I have been prompted to spend more time one-on-one with dear sisters either on the phone or in person or via e-mail or FB.  Sometimes, it just has to be one-on-one.  And everything else can wait.

Lately, I have been cheering on Christopher at his basketball games.

Lately, I am cherishing having my hubby home.  (In November... 12 days in Ethiopia on a missions trip. Then 2 1/2 days home.  Then a quick 5 day jaunt to Israel for work... And yes, the photos are amazing!) 

So what have you been up to... as of late?

6 comments:

elizabeth embracing life said...

Lately I too have been taken time with friends and family. Making the time to sit, chit chat on the phone (which I am not a good phone talker) and just living in the moment.

Kathi Woodall said...

As of late I have been enjoying family, writing one book and marketing another, and making too many pies.

As of late, I am realizing I spend too much time on Facebook as I read your post and wished there were "Like" buttons after many of them.

vintage girl at heart said...

Happy to see you back and to hear what you've been up to.
Thanksgiving sounded lovely and yes even with all of the help it can be overwhelming to host!
We did take out this year as our older children spent it with their other families and it was nice!!
Low key and no mess!
I agree with you about the one on one contact with others...feeds the soul so much more than the internet.
Your Bible Study sounds wonderful..what a great deal too and a smart way to stay on track.
Blessings Girl..your photo is breathtaking!

gideonmommasita said...

So glad that you have been spending more time on the phone and in person...as much as I enjoy your posts I know that your investment into the lives of those around you is probably infinitely more spectacular....just wished I lived closer so I could partake!

Amy said...

Lately - as of this past week - I've been resting, decorating, watching Christmas movies, and gearing up for a busy month ahead. It's been nice to just hang around the house and enjoy the home. :) In a few days we'll be back to our crazy, busy lives, but I'm okay with that. :)

Beth E. said...

Nothing quite as profound as you. Lately, I've been washing windows! We've had some sunny days and mild temps in the 50's-60's. Hubby has been painting the windows, I've been washing them. I like to have things in order before decorating for Christmas. :-)