“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Monday, November 29, 2010

Tree Tree Tree

photography by Anthony Kaetzel

We went tree tree tree hunting.  Anthony suggested that this year we each have our own Christmas tree.  (Love this idea!!!)  We went to a local Christmas Tree farm.  Picked our prey.  Stalked them.  And then cut them down!  All three were small enough to fit in the back of the station wagon.

photography by Anthony Kaetzel

The decorating of the tree tree tree.  It was each man (and woman and child) for themselves!  Whoever got to the trimming first got to use it on their tree.  Fortunately, no one else wanted my Hallmark Noelville Lighted Gingerbread Village Series or The Wonder of Christmas Holiday Angels Series or the Hallmark Illuminations Starlight Starbrights Set.  (I did however let Christopher use the Hallmark Illuminations Starlight Tree Topper.  Good mommy.)

The Firs - Noble, Douglas, Grand
photography by Anthony Kaetzel

Perhaps a new tradition in our family tree tree tree.


8 comments:

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

This is so pretty... if we did this out my house, we wouldn't be able to move (six trees). I do, however, fill mine with mostly hallmark ornaments collected over the years. The older boys aren't into it, but the younger kids nearly drove me crazy till we put ours up.

I know you'll have fun gazing at these beauties in the weeks to come.

peace~elaine

teri-free2bme said...

How fun~ and your trees so decorated so beautiful! I sure miss U-cut tree farms. Down here in Texas most of us have the fake trees and if we want a real one, we buy it from a parking lot (shipped down from the north) and they are usually dried out by the time it ends up in the house(it was 83 degrees here yesterday).

Enjoy the season- the REASON for the season~ Merry Christmas!

Teri

gideonmommasita said...

Fabuloso! That picture of the three of you is beyond wonderful! The kids put up my tree on Saturday while I was out...I think that might have to be a tradtion.

Beth E. said...

What a great idea! This definitely sounds like a new tradition to me. :-) The trees look great!

a portland granny said...

I do like your trees! What a lot of work, but fun, I know. I also love your alcove where you have them placed. Its lovely!

Hoping to get the decorations up this week-end...and the shopping.....and the baking....and the wrapping==you know the drill!

Kathi Woodall said...

How pretty & fun! We have four trees in our living room - we make a little forest in the corner. Only we decorate ours by theme - country, traditional, sparkly, and toys.

Cindy said...

Sheri - love the idea of the tree tree tree, but we'd need seven so I'll just settle for the one we've got. While reading this post I recalled an ornament you gave me many years ago which still makes an appearance on my tree every year - do you recall it? I'll have to snap a photo and post it during my Advent posts. I always remember you both fondly when we find it among our Christmas treasures. Hope you're all well, but in reading your posts I see you're having a difficult time. May God's peace be with you and his strength carry you through.

Laura said...

I don't know how I missed this post when it first came out...but I love it! The trees are absolutely beautiful and what a wonderful idea!