“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Saturday, November 6, 2010

"When Did We See You?"

Ethiopia, April 2010
photography by Anthony


For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, 
I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, 
I was a stranger and you invited me in, 
I needed clothes and you clothed me, 
I was sick and you looked after me, 
I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
 
“Then the righteous will answer him, 
‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, 
or thirsty and give you something to drink?  

When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, 
or needing clothes and clothe you?  

When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
 
“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, 
whatever you did for one of the least of these 
brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’  
 
Matthew 25:35-40 
 
My husband, Anthony, is in Ethiopia with a team from our church (including one of his brothers who lives in New Jersey).  The team is training local missionary pastors as well as a food distribution and children's outreach through soccer.   Your prayers are appreciated... for them... for Ethiopia... and maybe a prayer or two for their families who are left behind...
 

1 comment:

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

And I wonder this morning, how do we begin to bridge the gap between their great need and God's great provision...

So much provision we hold in our hearts without ever really realizing it. When will our eyes and hearts begin to really see priority as God sees it?

Prayers this morning for Ethiopia. I'm home alone; no church-building worship for me. Just a couch for my pew and God's Word for my sermon.

And prayer...

peace~elaine