“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Thursday, December 16, 2010

As of Late - December 16th, 2010

It's SOOO Fluffy!
photography by sheri


Lately, I've been a little crafty.  I needed a gift for a friend... and I decided to make her this hand knit snowman ornament.  I think she'll like it!  I know I do... and I might just have to make a couple for "my" tree!  I used the same yarn that I use for the ILG hats.  An alpaca silk by Debbie Bliss.

Lately,  I've been researching refrigerators.  Our fridge is over 15 years old and the compressor fan went out.  It would $150 to repair the fridge.  I think I am liking the french door style with the bottom freezer in a stainless steel... without water or ice on the front.  Does Santa deliver refrigerators?

Lately, I've been sitting under my sunlamp.  I had called my psychiatrist and let him know that my Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) was hitting pretty hard this year.  Instead of adding any additional meds, he told me to sit under my sunlamp daily.   I have noticed a difference.  My best days are when I sit under it as soon as I wake up.  SAD has to do with the production levels of serotonin and melatonin (which helps you sleep).  With less light we end up producing more melatonin than in the brighter months.  If the sun can be replicated using a sunlamp (not just a bright light, but a light with 10,000 lux), then I can trick my body into thinking it should stop producing melatonin... because it is wake time.   So, basically you should AVOID me in the mornings until I have had my cup of SUN!

Lately, I have been enjoying my Winter Bible Study small group.  What precious ladies that come to my home every Monday morning.  I so love having the routine.  And the friendship, too!

Lately, I have been present shopping.  I come home and hide the gifts and cannot find them even the next day!

Lately, I have discovered that Tassimo carries a T-disc in Twinings Chai Tea Latte.  Wow!  That is a favorite for me.  I use practically all of my 20% off coupons at Bed, Bath and Beyond to buy the T-discs.  (Anthony and I love the Tassimo because it make lattes and the best Starbucks Cappuccino!)

Lately, I have been listening to the audio books In a Pit With a Lion On a Snowy Day and Primal by Mark Batterson.  I have read them before but they are books I want to re-read once a year.  Other books I want to read once a year are Anonymous by Alicia Britt Chole and So Long, Insecurity by Beth Moore.

Lately, I have taken a break from new memory verses for the month of December.  I am reviewing the ones that I have memorized throughout the year.  And I am getting prepped to jump back in the 1st of the year with the Siesta Scripture Memory Team.

Lately, I can't wait to watch Despicable Me on DVD with my new nifty goggles.  (Oops, actually that's a Christmas present... and I really should wait to watch it... but it is SOOOO FLUFFFY!)

So, what have you been up to... as of late?

5 comments:

Krystle said...

Good to hear from you! Sounds like fun and busy things....amazing what some sun can do isn't it?! I think he should have sent you on a vacation to Hawaii all expenses paid though :)

I too am hoping to join the SSMT! With twins coming it will be hard, and I've never been great at memorizing, but I want to try!!

elizabeth embracing life said...

I think a shop called " A Cup of Sun" would go over really well in these parts of the country. I will remember to ask next time I see...Did you have your cup of Sun, Son?

Laura said...

I love your little snowman, he is adorable! Wish I was crafty like that!

wingsofpurple said...

Hello my dear friend,
I too have been doing some different things. Wrapping presents, enjoying tea, finished my bible study group until after Christmas..already miss them, getting ready for SSMT...oh how I need accountability. Those are just a few.

Have a wonderful Christmas. You are a blessings.

bp said...

Very cute snowman you made!

Merry Christmas to you and your family.