“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Sunday, February 20, 2011

As of Late - February 20th, 2011

Lately, I've been to Monterey, California
photography by Anthony Kaetzel

Lately, I have been preparing to teach at Ladies' Bible Study.  (This Tuesday around 10am PST.  Thanks for your prayers!)  I'll be teaching on James, the half-brother of Jesus, who is credited with writing the book of James.  (Last year I taught on Abraham, the year before was Abigail, and the year before that was Miriam.)  Not sure if I'll be wearing the pink feather boa this year... I am thinking that I might wear the beautiful purple Ethiopian Coffee dress that Anthony brought home for me last year.  Not sure why it is called a coffee dress, but maybe it will give me a boost of energy!

Lately, I have finished reading:
Soulprint by Mark Batterson
The Red Sea Rules by Robert J. Morgan
Too Busy Not To Pray by Bill Hybels (Listened to this on audio, again.)
All three of these books are worth a re-read!  Might need to do some book reviews.
Lately, I've been wanting to pick up a copy of The Practice of The Presence of God by Brother Lawrence.

Lately, I received packages from two of my darling sisters-in-blog.  Deborah at Holy Camp and Elaine at Peace for the Journey.  You bless me!!  Thank you so much.

Lately, I have been privy to seeing God move in women's mentoring at our church.  And realizing that there are a lot of amazing women out there who are already mentoring... and they don't even "know" it!

Lately, I was asked to knit two scarves for our Women's Retreat.  One for a give-away and the other for the speaker.  The theme is "Brilliance" so I used multiple novelty white yarns and crystal beads.   I loved having my creativity sparked! or sparkled as the case may be!  I am looking forward to having girl-time at the retreat this weekend!

Lately, I have ordered two boxes of Thin Mints (a box each for Anthony and Christopher), one box of Tagalongs (my favorite) and one box of Samoas (everybody's favorite).

So, what have you been up to... as of late?

6 comments:

gideonmommasita said...

Lately I've driven to North Carolina and back. No books, no crafts; only housework,homeschooling and two different part time jobs. But I did get two author recommendations from a good friend yesterday. I've been eating conversation hearts. Thinking more and more about eternity with Jesus and quieting my soul like a weaned child,(Psalm 131).

holycamp09 said...

Honestly, lately I've been still grieving. I am considering really writing about this process of losing my mother and my best friend. It's been a difficult adjustment. I've been quilting and sewing. I've stepped back from responsibilities at church and am just being ministered too right now. I've been walking with my dad, shopping with my daughter, and watching old John Wayne and Bonanza movies with my son.

Hope you enjoy the books!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Love Brother Lawrence; some days I wish I could check into a cloistered lifestyle, away from the noise of the world. Even there, I suppose, there are noise and distractions to break the silence. Wish I could be in your class. I'll be thinking of you today and into tomorrow. You'll be great!

peace~elaine

Sherrie said...

Lately I've have felt the prayers that have covered me during my grief /depression. I am saturating myself in Women's Bible Study (GO Sheri) and really basking in the joy of those that surround me with love. Losing my friend, & my two step children's mother..left a deep hole in my soul...one where deep despair and regret overtook me. I now sit back and realize like holycamp09 this has been a difficult adjustment period. But growing in the Word,(1 Cor.15:10) raising two great kids, and remembering God loves me is what gets me up everyday..,.

Beth E. said...

Praying for you as you prepare to lead your Bible Study. I'm sure you'll do a wonderful job.

Lately, I've had to admit to dealing with some depression. However, I'm on the other side of it now. I posted about it today.

Blessings to you...

rooney said...

lately i've seen some real answers to prayers in the relationship between my husband and my son.

lately i've been missing my d-i-l!

lately i've been trying to eat more healthy.

lately i've been preparing for Beth Moore's Revelation Bible Study.

lately i've been doing quite a bit of stamping and scrapbooking and enjoying my Woman Cave.

blessings to you Sheri as you start your study! p.s. i LOVE the Red Sea Rules!