“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Monday, March 21, 2011

She Speaks. She Writes. She Survives.


I tell you the truth, 
unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, 
it remains only a single seed. 
But if it dies, it produces many seeds.  
John 12:24

I don't mean to put her on a pedestal. 
She wouldn't want me to.

I'm not saying she has it all together. 
But she tries. 

And when she falls,
she reaches her hand to the Lord to lift her up, again. 

She is humbled by my acclamation. 
But she doesn't reject it.  

She lets me look to her with her faults and all... trusting me that I will see Jesus in her. 
And I do.

She wants to be a faithful steward of what she has been given.
The good... and the bad.

She wants to plant the seed she has been given.
The death of the seed which will bring life to many.

She wants to go to the She Speaks Conference.
And I want her to go.


I have started a scholarship fund for Elaine to attend the conference.  The cost is $595 if paid by April 15th.  If 100 of us chip in $6... or 10 of us chip in $60... or whatever amount you would consider.  For more information you can contact me by e-mail using the button on my side bar.

4 comments:

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

I met Elaine in this blog world a few years back and she so inspired me with the words God would lay on her heart. Then 3 years ago I actually got to meet her at She Speaks and she is even more amazing!! What a beautiful thing you are doing for her here!!

Believing Him`Pamela

Sassy Granny ... said...

Your email button didn't launch, so I'm here to tell you to count me in. If you'll send me your snail mail address, I'll gladly send a contribution to such a worthy cause! Elaine's like a cyber-baby/daughter to me. I'd love for her to have this gift.

Thank you,
Kathleen Flanagan

LauraLee Shaw said...

Please count me in...is there a paypal?

Sassy Granny ... said...

Hi Sheri,

We are knee deep in preparing for a move. My apologies for not making good on my promise to support this initiative.

How has the scholarship fund developed? Are we close?

I will send something direct to Elaine, unless she's already reached her goal; or has decided to opt out.

Thank you again!