“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Water Falls.

Water falls into the Pacific Ocean
photography by Anthony Kaetzel


Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.  
 1 Peter 5:7


Worry.
Sometimes it feels like a waterfall.
Pouring out.  So fast.  Uncontrollable.

It falls.  And keeps falling.
And then it collects.  Like water in a hidden cove.
It tosses and turns.  Waves of worry.  Getting bigger.

And I feel hidden.
And I feel like I am alone.
And all I can see are waves and boulders.  And no way out.

Beyond my view.
There is an ocean.  That I cannot see.
And it is big enough to take care of every fear.  Every concern.  Every thing.



Siesta Scripture Memory Team Verse # 5

5 comments:

Hering Family said...

So beautiful Sheri!!! You have such a beautiful way with words. Thank you for blessing us with the beauty of your heart. Christ shines thru you and your writing:)
I love you my sweet Sheri!!!!
(((HUGS)))
<3 Laura

Ms.Daisy said...

Sheri,
The poem and picture are beautifully wedded. Love them.



~Jean

elizabeth embracing life said...

Amazing to come to this passage so brilliantly with this picture. You have a gift with sharing your heart through both picture and words.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

I know the topic is worry, but I see beauty as well. Living close to the ocean... all will be well. All is well. Sometimes, we just can't see it.

peace~elaine

Laura said...

Thank you. I've been searching for words of comfort during a time of upheaval, and God has used your beautiful words to bring peace.