“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Friday, March 4, 2011

You Need Only To Be Still.

Sunset over Ethiopia
photography by Anthony Kaetzel


From the book The Red Sea Rules

Red Sea Rule 5  
Stay calm and confident, 
and give God time to work.


Moses answered the people, 
Do not be afraid. 

Stand firm 
and you will see 
the deliverance 
the LORD will bring you today. 

The Egyptians you see today 
you will never see again. 

The LORD will fight for you; 
you need only to be still. 

Exodus 14:13-14



...This is what the LORD says to you: 
‘Do not be afraid or discouraged 
because of this vast army. 

For the battle is not yours, 
but God’s. 

Tomorrow march down against them...
You will not have to fight this battle. 

Take up your positions; 
stand firm 
and see the deliverance 
the LORD will give you, 
O Judah and Jerusalem. 

Do not be afraid; 
do not be discouraged. 

Go out to face them tomorrow, 
and the LORD will be with you.’

2 Chronicles 20:15-17

5 comments:

Kathi Woodall said...

"The LORD will fight for you. You need only to be still." Love this - thanks for sharing.

Laura said...

This is one of my favorite passages and once again, they speak peace and strength to me. I so need to be reminded of this these days.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Walking forward and taking up our positions in the fight. God doing the rest.

Beautiful reminder. It would be lovely to see you and Elizabeth in NC this summer. If I don't get the scholarship, not sure I'll be able to go, but I'll keep you posted.

peace~elaine

Sharon said...

Sheri, sweet sister, I've been sitting here for a long time trying to think of how to tell you how our mighty God used your post of His word last week to help me to rely and trust in Him and Him alone. I have clung to these verses all week long as He has shown me His faithfulness.
I would like to share more (cause that's just how I am) but... I think I'm going to just leave it at this and say Thank you God and Thank you Sheri! You are a blessing!

Joyce said...

I can always rest assured and be at peace when I stop and remind myself that "The Lord is fighting on my behalf"......and I don't have to do the REAL warring. :~) We (mere dust) tend to forget that fact sometimes and want to fight for ourselves.