“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Thursday, May 5, 2011

As of Late - Boston Marathon Edition


Lately,  I traveled to Massachusetts to cheer Anthony at the Boston Marathon on Monday, April 18th.

Lately, I realized that you should not try a new GPS app while you are driving in Boston on Marathon Day. 

Lately, I noticed that Bostonians do not tend to put bumper stickers on their cars--especially presidential bumper stickers.


Lately, I noticed that Boston has as many Dunkin Donuts as Portland has Starbucks.

Lately, I noticed that Boston has as many churches on main thoroughfares as Portland has adult-only stores.

Lately, I experienced the most awesome customer-oriented hotel.  (The Hilton in Dedham, Massachusetts.)

Lately, I found out that toll booth operators are not taught to be customer-oriented whether you are in Boston or Portland.

Lately, I realized that I am not as nice of a person as I thought I was... especially to toll booth operators.


Lately, I came to the understanding that there is more emotion in getting to the Boston Marathon than being at the Boston Marathon.

Lately, (as always...) I am amazed at my husband's perseverance and endurance.  Congratulations, Anthony!

So, what have you been up to... as of late?

3 comments:

gideonmommasita said...

Lately I decided to pay $5 to take the ferry to my aunts house because it was closer and quicker from where I was at but the ferry was on the other side and so the 20 minute wait we had did not make it quicker.
Congratulations on the marathon to Anthony and also to Sherri because I know the support team effort requires a lot as well!

elizabeth embracing life said...

Lately I have been pondering what is "next" in the season of my life. Just blogged on it. Lately I have become a home-body with a calendar empty. I keep it clear every May, for the unknowns of school activities with the boys. Lately I have taken up running,and once ran with the passions in which your husband has now. I no longer have that passion, but do have the passion to fit into the upper level of my closet, which is only 20 pounds away. Lately I have been completing the books I start in a couple of days, rather than a couple of months. Lately I have been reading more blogs, and discovering new ones by realizing that there is an area that directs you to some unknown blog. Interesting. Lately I am missing you.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

There's a gal in my neighborhood that's been training for months to run the marathon. I haven't seen her out since the run, but I know she was well-prepared and excited for the big day.

Boston. My boys have been there a few times with their "paps" for Red Sox games. They love it! Way to go Anthony.

peace~elaine

PS: Lately, I've been doing parties... my parents' 50th anniversary this weekend and my oldest son's graduation from college next weekend. Not much time for much else!