“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Saturday, June 4, 2011

As of Late - June 4th, 2011


Hammock-time!

Lately, I've been spending a lot of time on my hammock.  Okay, well maybe a couple hours yesterday and today that is.

Lately, I organized a Field Day for Christopher's school.  Old-Fashioned with tug-of-war and 3-legged races and sack races... and plenty of Popsicles.  You know, I never thought I would have Field Day Organizer on my resume.

Lately, I have struggled to think of my next Siesta Team Memory Verse... any suggestions?  I'm four days overdue!

Lately, I have begun the Ruth Bible Study by Kelly Minter.  Loving it.
I used to think that my choice to obey in any given situation was a one-time decision, but I now realize that obedience might mean having to make that same choice several times in a week, month, or year. ~ Kelly Minter
Lately, I went to a fairy-tale wedding in Santa Barbara.  Anthony and I shared a house with our youth pastor and his super talented wife and our senior pastor and his amazingly gifted wife.  It was definitely a bit unnerving sharing a house with the senior pastor.  I mean... who knows what could end up coming out of his mouth when he is at the pulpit tomorrow, right?  What happens in Santa Barbara, stays in Santa Barbara!

Lately, my heart has been hurting for someone who is being teased on a daily basis.  All I have to say is that being in middle school is rough business.  So thankful for wonderful teachers who are helping all those involved (including me) to learn how to handle our frustration (read as ANGER) knowing it is a life lesson.

Lately, I realized that I have been blogging for over four years now.  Wow!  I have met so many wonderful friends through blogging.  I am blessed by you!

So, what have you been up to... as of late?

4 comments:

gideonmommasita said...

lately I've been enjoying eating yogurt with a plastic spoon.
Lately two friends I haven't studied with in a couple of years decided to go through Made to Crave together.
Lately I have applied for a passport and got my first pedicure.

I always enjoy your "as of late" and have truly been blessed by your four years of blogging!

Charlotte Carty said...

Reapwhatshesews
Lately I have asked God to change my heart so that I can really love my neighbors. I spend some time everyday walking through my neighborhood and find that I really don't love them. Sometimes I pray as I walk or memorize scriptures. I have enjoyed some interaction with people I meet as I include God. He makes all the difference.
Next week our son finishes culinary school and has started his new job. So we will be empty nesters again and I must say I am very excited as is he. He lived on his own before and it has been a stretch for us all.
Lately we have been sewing some beautiful drapes for a job in north Carolina. They were installed last week and the designer messed up in one room and had to bring back 18 widths of drapes for us to rehem. I am not looking forward to that. On the upside we are doing the windows in a houseboat this week.
Yes. Lately has been busy. But today is Sunday. Pure Joy.

elizabeth embracing life said...

Lately I have been realizing more and more that I have to keep in physical condition to keep up with these boys.

Lately I been playing outside ALOT rain or shine.

Lately my house is in need of a housekeeper due to the second lately.

Lately reading the Ruth study. And with each interruptions asking myself why I am in a study. Lord help me.

UL Cards Fan said...

Lately (for the last few minutes at least) I have been worrying that Sheri will FALL out of that hammock....it looks VERY close to the edge in the picture!