“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Congratulations to Mr. & Mrs.

Congratulations to Mr. & Mrs.
June 25, 2011

4 Delight yourself in the LORD
   and he will give you the desires of your heart. 

 5 Commit your way to the LORD;
   trust in him and he will do this:

6 He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn,
   the justice of your cause like the noonday sun. 

 7 Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him...

Psalm 37:4-7a NIV

My precious sister married an amazing man yesterday.  The wedding was beautiful, the bride gorgeous, and celebration overflowing.  But more than that... I was honored to have the privilege of being part of their marriage covenant.  I was able to give my sister's hand in marriage to a man who adores her... believes in her... is dedicated to her.  This is a man that she had been praying for... seeking the Lord for... committing herself to the Lord for... 

She delighted herself in the Lord... and He gave her the desires of her heart.   

Congratulations, Sissy!  I love you! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Post-script:  I decided to make this my

Siesta Scripture Memory Verse # 13 “Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart."  Psalm 37:4 NIV

4 comments:

Hart Leap Isaiah 35:6 said...

Thank you for sharing this beautiful picture... God's goodness all around
Mary

bp said...

Such a pretty picture of the couple. How special that you got to be part of that special day.

elizabeth embracing life said...

What a beautiful picture!

Laura said...

So beautiful...I had chills as I read your description of how your new brother-in-law feels about your sister...he adores her, believes in her, is dedicated to her. So precious!