“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Friday, July 1, 2011

Reminded of a Simple Truth...


Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, 
and a light unto my path.  
Psalms 119:105 KJV


I was sitting on my in-laws front porch in Boonsboro, Maryland working on my Ruth Bible Study.  I was mentally and physically exhausted. And the words on the pages of the study reminded me to seek God for my supply.
"This can be hard to practice because receiving our supply from God isn't always as tangible... but many times it's a supply of patience, forgiveness, love, wisdom, or comfort that we desperately need from Him so we can pour it out on someone else... This kind of spiritual supply comes from being in Jesus' presence.  Meditating on the pages of Scripture.  Committing to focused prayer.  Waiting quietly on Him so our spirits can learn His voice."
~ Kelly Minter, A Proposal: Session 4, Day 5 of the Ruth Bible Study

The day was beautiful.  Sun. Light humidity.  Peaceful. Before me are fields.  And fields.

When I closed up the study and lifted my eyes, I was compelled to take a little walk...
and then to journal about it.


Tuesday, June 28th, 2011.
A place where I had not walked before.  A grassy Maryland field.  The Lord compelled me to take a walk.  I wanted to grab my sandals out of the house, but it would break the spell.  So I went one step at a time.  Looking down since I had not walked there before.

What would I step on... with my bare feet?  Bees or weeds with prickly things.  If I wanted to gaze out to the horizon I had to STOP lest I stepped on something unaware. So step by step.

Then gnats came.  Distracting me.  As my head was down watching my feet I was not bothered.  But if I lifted my gaze off of my path they would gain all of my attention.

A place where I had not walked before.  Compelled by my Lord to go where I did not want to go (without my sandals) and be reminded of a simple truth...

that He shows my path one step at a time.



The Lord directs our steps, 
so why try to understand everything along the way?
Proverbs 20:24 NLT
 

1 comment:

gideonmommasita said...

one step at a time is slow, it is better to go shoe less when so many times we have our running shoes on