“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Straight Paths


 "In all your ways acknowledge him, 
and he will make your paths straight." 
Proverbs 3:6 NIV 1984
"At first glance, it looks as if Solomon is guaranteeing that if we trust God, he will straighten out whatever path we choose.  But what this verse actually asserts is that God will make the best path obvious.  If we trust with all our hearts, refuse to lean into our limited understanding, and submit every aspect of our lives to him, the best path will become unmistakably clear.  Divine direction begins with unconditional submission.  Not information." Andy Stanley, The Principle Of The Path
"Have you ever asked God to give you several alternatives so you could choose the best one for you? How many options does God have to give you for you to have the right one?" ~ Experiencing God, Henry Blackaby
These quotes came across my path today in my Bible Study and in my reading.  Something about asking God to make the best path obvious and trusting Him that it will be the right one.  So I thought this verse would be good for memorizing.

I choose Proverbs 3:6 NIV 1984 for my Siesta Scripture Memory Verse # 19.   
I choose Exodus 14:31 NIV 1984 for my Siesta Scripture Memory Verse #18... but forgot to post it.

"And when the Israelites saw the great power of the Lord 
displayed against the Egyptians, the people feared the Lord 
and put their trust in him and in Moses his servant." 
Exodus 14:31 NIV 1984

3 comments:

gideonmommasita said...

Is Blackaby saying we should or should not ask for more than path? I'm wondering if when we lean not on our understanding and acknowledge Him that our path is made straight to Him and that is a direct path that makes a very a good path?

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Looking for that obvious and straight path this morning! Be blessed in all your doings today. So glad we were able to talk yesterday. You lifted my spirits.

peace~elaine

sister sheri said...

Blackaby is saying that we often ask God for options and then we decide which one to take. We need to decide ahead of time that we will take the straight path He has placed before us... now matter where it leads or what it looks like.