“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Top 10 Reasons for Avoiding The Ugly Cry

I had an ugly cry yesterday.  And let me tell you... it was not pretty (and hence no photo for this post).   It wasn't because Anthony was away... although I am sure that fact doesn't help.  I haven't had an ugly cry in awhile and I want to remember that I really don't like it and don't want to do it, again.  So to remind myself I created a list of the Top 10 Reasons to Avoid The Ugly Cry.

Top 10 Reasons to Avoid The Ugly Cry

#10 Totally defeats any work you have done with overcoming your insecurity.

#9 Your husband isn't home to pick up the pieces.

#8 It's hard to be discreet when out in public.

#7 It can turn into hyperventilating.

#6 It makes your friends ask what is wrong and then you start crying all over, again.

#5 It makes your eyes sink deep inside your head (which is why it is called the "ugly" cry).

#4 You end up sleeping with a stuffed animal like a little girl.

#3 You end up with an ugly cry hangover the next morning.

#2 Your son wants to hug you over and over again to make it all right which makes you want to cry, again.

And the #1 Reason to Avoid the Ugly Cry
You'll always remember the outfit you were wearing and will avoid wearing it in the future as if it holds some key to the Ugly Cry.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Oh, my sisters and I say that the ugly cry gives us "turtle eyes" which is never a good thing! Hope at least you were able to release some stress and are feeling better!

gideonmommasita said...

#1 was funny, but it is #3 that I can relate to and that prevents me from going there. It is why I took up jogging, fewer meltdowns. You have made progress, you are going to make more because of the riches you have in Christ...you are still a woman...when a meltdown occurs it is okay.

Beth E. said...

Oh, I had an ugly cry in November, too. I can relate with every one of your reasons. Shew...I hate when I do that.