“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

#SSMTC



I'm heading to Houston tomorrow. #SSMTC This spiral is my ticket into an exclusive event with Beth Moore.  And the anticipation has hit me like a wave.

What's the big deal?  Nothing really.  And everything.  At the end of 2010, I committed to memorizing 24 verses of my choosing in 2011and post them on the LPMBlog and record them in my spiral.  And for that... I get to attend the Siesta Scripture Memory Team Celebration.

This is my second SSMTC.  I wasn't sure I was going to attend this one.  But Christopher inspired me.  He would go and attend Summer Camp or Youth Convention with his church youth group and he would come back energized... filled up... having had an experience with the Lord that often left him speechless except to say it was spiritual and he had wished that Anthony and I could have experienced it.  And I thought to myself... I want to go to Summer Camp and Youth Convention!!!  But in a venue that is more geared to me than middle school kids, of course.  And it hit me... go to Houston this year.

Houston is just the celebration.  The celebration of a year that started out with needing to persevere in my depression (James 1:4) and ending in seeking the good of others (1 Corinthians 10:24).  The celebration that I am constantly challenging myself to do new things and grow deeper in Christ.  The celebration of meeting up with special siestas that I met two years ago and have kept up with over Facebook.

It's bittersweet because I am already missing my hubby and my son... and I haven't even left yet.  But knowing that taking this time away I will return inspired and refreshed (despite the TSA agents) and contagious with a desire to to share with others the abundant life in Christ.

Well, I better get packing.
Spiral ~ check!
Bump-it ~ check!
Pink Feather Boa ~ check!
Twitter hashtag #SSMTC ~ check!

Wishing you were coming with me... but knowing I will share it all with you... you are in my prayers, sister!

6 comments:

Krystle said...

I wish I was going too!

Deborah said...

I'm so glad you are going and I hope you have a wonderful time. Good for you learning all those verses. I lost focus around September I think. Give Beth a hug for me!

gideonmommasita said...

Congratulations on the perseverance to hide God's word in your heart!

Beth Beutler said...

It was nice to meet and sit with you at the event Friday night!

LittleWomen21 said...

I did the 2011 SSMC this year too!!! In fact I was reviewing some of my verses this morning, scary how quickly I am starting to lose them, only a few weeks into the new year. So glad you are going to the event and you'll have to report back here for those of us who can't go. I LOVE YOUR NOTEBOOK!!! So pretty! Hope you find other pink boas while you travel.

Laura said...

I hope you are richly blessed! Enjoy the fellowship, and share with us what God shared with you when you return!