“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Monday, April 16, 2012

I think we were meant to live near the beach.



I think we were meant to live near the beach.  A beach with warm sand.  And warm waves.  It is good for me to go to the beach.  To listen to the waves.  To look at the horizon and realize that I cannot see to the other side.  Realizing that there is something bigger.  To pick up shells that have a history that I can only imagine.  To have the waves bury my feet in the sand.  It is like a renewing.  A recharging.  Life-giving. 

I have been lying to myself lately.  It probably started when we made a trip to Sunny Southern California over Spring Break in March.  Yes, it probably started when the sun was out every minute of every day... well, almost.  More than most.  Feeling the warmth of the sun on my skin.  Because that is when I started wondering if I would truly take the sun for granted.   I had to tell myself that, right?  That if the sun was always out it would bother me.  I would whine about how much sun there was and how warm it was and how I could spend so much time outside... and enjoy it.  You know I had to lie to myself, right?

And so I took a picture of my toes.  To remember the moment.  The moment that I was warm.  Feeling the sun.  Watching the waves.  Treasuring the moment.  Because there are days that I forget that the sun exists.  That the sun is warm.  And I need to remember.

There are days like today... when I ask God to move me out of my place of complacency... and so grateful that someone already wrote lyrics for that very thought...


Lord Move, Or Move Me by FFH


I can't find the words to pray, I'm a little down today
Can You help me, Can You hold me?


I feel a million miles away, And I don't know what to say
Can You hear me anyway?


What I need is for You to reach out Your hand
You have taught me no matter what You'd understand


Lord move in the way, that I've never seen before
Cause there's a mountain in the way and a lock on the door
I'm drifting away, waves are crashing on the shore
So Lord move (move), or move me.


I've looked every where to find a simple peace of mind
But, I can't find nothing on my own
So I gotta leave myself behind, take up this cross of mine
Give away everything I hold onto
Lord I know the only way is through this
But Lord, I know I need You to help me do this


Lord move in the way, that I've never seen before
Cause there's a mountain in the way and a lock on the door
I'm drifting away, waves are crashing on the shore
So Lord move (move), or move me.


Out of this place of complacency
To a place of fellowship with Thee
'Cause I am weak, but Lord, You are so strong
And You know it's been way too long
It's been way too long


Lord move in the way, that I've never seen before
Cause there's a mountain in the way and a lock on the door
I'm drifting away, waves are crashing on the shore So Lord move (move)...

And I think to myself... we were meant to live near the beach...

1 comment:

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

We need pictures of toes in sand...

It helps us through our colder days!

peace~elaine