“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Thursday, April 19, 2012

So, go ahead and let it rain. I'm eating soup.

It only rains in Southern California when I am there...
Auto Club 400 ~ March 25th, 2012

Rainy and cold today. 
But today I decided to fight it.
With soup.
And not just any soup, 

I toggled between the idea of just driving to Elephant's Deli or making it myself.
Anthony has been introducing us to eating more whole foods and less sodium and less cholesterol.  
He has been doing a lot of cooking lately.  And I thought... why not?  I'll make it, myself.
I went with as much low/no sodium and low/non-fat as possible.

It is super easy to make.  And delicious.  
Of course, it is missing the saltiness and super creaminess of the full sodium and full fat kind.
So, I did add a little sea salt which threw it over the top.  YUMMY!

So, go ahead and let it rain.
I'm eating soup.

3 comments:

a portland granny said...

I thought we were going to get a recipe!! I love making soup because it lasts for several meals.

My rhodies are bursting into bloom and I tell myself they are so beautiful because of all the rain we get!!

sister sheri said...

The recipe is linked to the name. Just tap it! :)

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

We could have used some soup this week; it's been windy and cold! Looks yummy. Thanks for stopping by.

peace~elaine