“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Friday, May 18, 2012

Because from where I sit... it is beautiful.

Yellow... White... Pink...


From where I sit... it is beautiful. 

It's a secret.  Only because I don't tell anyone.  Not because it is all that interesting...
But the truth is... when I plant flowers in my garden... I plant them according to my vantage point.

I have the best seat in the house... er, back patio.  I get to swivel my chair and get the full 180 degrees of the back yard.  And whenever I am considering adding a new plant, I go and sit in MY chair and see if I will be able to enjoy its beauty.   I am the one who spends the most time in the back yard and I am the one who does most of the planting.  And so I figure... it should be amazing from my perspective.  

Every petal.
Every wind chime.
Every hanging basket.
Are placed according to the loveliness of where I sit.

I am not as concerned about the views for anyone else.  
Just me.  
And I feel justified.  
And I don't think most people would argue with me.

Now, I guess it isn't a secret anymore... and I will have to offer you the opportunity to see things from my perspective.  

Because from where I sit... it is beautiful.

1 comment:

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Now I know what's great about your home! Your vantage point. What a lovely thought... planting according to where you sit and see. Love it.

peace~elaine