“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

One Word 2013: Lead ~ {january}


Quote From:  The Polar Express 

Hero Girl: It says "lead." Like "lead balloon." 

Conductor:
I believe it also is pronounced "lead." As in "leader," "leadership." "Lead the way." Follow you anywhere, ma'am.
 
Random thoughts on what has happened so far this month or what I have planned for the rest of the month in regards to my One Word for 2013:  Lead.    

I attended a class at my church that taught me about writing my life story.  And ultimately, using portions of my life story as testimonies of God's grace in my life.  Using the rough spots and God's faithfulness to witness to those who do not know of His never-ending love. 

I felt I mis-handled a discussion at my Bible Study table.  So, I called my Women's Ministry Director and spoke to her about it.  It relieved my anxiety and helped me to think through what I might do differently the next time something similar occurs.  Then my Women's Ministry Director affirmed me.  Instead of dismissing her comment, I received it.  She knows my heart.  She knows my history.  It helps to have encouragement to know you are headed in the right direction.

I am currently the PTA president at Christopher's school.  I am trying to graciously hand over the reins since this is Christopher's last year at this school.  (Leading well sometimes means knowing when to step down, right?)  I realize that I tend more to look at what I did not accomplish during these 2 1/2 years than what I did accomplish.  Why is that?
I am making plans to attend a Transformational Leadership Seminar.  I normally don't sign up for a full weekend seminar, but considering this fits right in with my One Word for 2013... my Reticular Activating System went crazy!

[linking up with Melanie at ONLYABREATH for her {january} monthly one word linkup party]

What's your One Word?  Maybe it is time to link-up!

MonthlyOneWord

3 comments:

Denise said...

Wonderful word.

~Lynn~ said...

Loved your post & love your blog. We are blessed to have people who are called to lead us in what God would have them to do. My two words for you are "Stay strong." Being a leader certainly can have its pits and downfalls! Praying for you. . .thank you for sharing!

Haunani Thunell said...

Our life stories (including the excerpts we write about in our blogs) connect us to so many others. I love that you are starting that. Best of luck with your amazing goals this year and all that you've done so far.