“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

SUPER Hodgepodge

 
1.  In the USA this coming Sunday millions will be watching as the Baltimore Ravens take on the San Francisco 49's in the Superbowl.  What was the last event you attended that could be described as super?
Well, if we are talking SPORT related, then it was a NASCAR race in Fontana, California.  Before the race, we got to walk around the pits and on the speedway.  It was so interesting to see all the details behind the scenes.   
2.  Share something you're a fan of these days?
Portland Timbers MLSoccer.  Portland Trailblazers Basketball.  Baltimore Ravens Football.  Dallas Cowboys Football.  Soon it will be College Basketball March Madness... we pick our brackets for fun.
3. How do you feel about wings?  In case anyone is confused, I'm talking the edible appetizer kind.  What's your preferred seasoning on a wing-hot, mild, teryiaki, sweet and sour, other?  Do you make your own or is there a favorite place you like to go for wings?   
Not a fan of wings.
4.  As long as we're talking sports today...have you followed the Lance Armstrong story?  Did you watch his interview with Oprah and if so what was your reaction to his confession and subsequent remarks?  
I didn't watch the interview... I feel like I didn't need to because a lot of the information was all over the web.  I guess I'm a little sad about the cyclists who didn't win the Tour de France because Lance cheated, but my husband tells me that everyone was doping.  Who knows what to believe anymore?
5.  What's a question you hate to be asked?  
Gee... I really just want to stick with the "sports" theme here, so I guess it would be, "Anyone can walk a half-marathon.  Why not run it?"
 
6. The coaches in this Sunday's big game happen to be real life brothers.  Jim Harbaugh coaches the 49er's and his older brother John Harbaugh coaches the Baltimore Ravens.  Were you and your sibling(s) competitive?  In what way? Are you still?  If you're an only child how did you handle competition growing up?  
I have an older sister.  If we were competitive it was in academics, but she had a head start on me.  
7.  What's your favorite game involving a ball and when did you last play?  
Probably SkeeBall when I was on vacation in Ocean City, Maryland this summer.  :)
8.  Insert your own random thought here.
I will be rooting for the Baltimore Ravens this Sunday.  I was born in Baltimore.  (I am a Baltimoron!)  I still remember when John Elway was picked to play for the Baltimore Colts and he pouted and screamed and ended up at his beloved Denver Broncos.  So for me it was SWEET to watch the Ravens beat the Broncos!  And I'll never forget the huge moving vans that stole away the Baltimore Colts in the middle of the night while it was snowing.  So glad Baltimore has a football team... too bad they were stolen from Cleveland...

2 comments:

Joyce said...

We lived in Annapolis area for 9 years so we are rooting for the Ravens too. I would have been happy to see the Broncos in it too though-we are huge fans of Peyton Manning. Once a Vol fan always a Vol fan : )

retired not tired said...

We don't follow football however I will cheer your team on. Go Ravens!