“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The ABC's of My 2012


July 2012- Fishing Pier at Ocean City, Maryland 
(Sadly, the pier was destroyed in October by Hurricane Sandy)
photography by Anthony Kaetzel


The ABC's of My 2012

Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, California.  My first ever NASCAR race.  Loved it!
Batterson:  The Circle Maker by Mark Batterson - My December Study
Crocheting my first granny square
David:  Seeking A Heart Like His by Beth Moore - My Fall Study
Ethiopia - Excited to see God's hand increasing the well-being of widows and orphans.
Family Togetherness:  Ocean City, Maryland and Occupy Ellicott City
Grandpa: My precious grandpa passed away in January.  I miss him.
Houston:  Celebrating with Beth Moore and my Siestas at the SSMTC
Instagram, and Facebook, and Twitter!  Oh, my!
James: Mercy Triumphs! by Beth Moore - My Winter Study
K: 5K for Christopher and me in July and the 50 Mile JFK for Anthony in November
LifeSkills:  Our Sunday School Class.  Full of challenges and knowledge and new friendships.
Master Chef: While visiting Venice Beach over Spring Break, we were part of the show!
Nehemiah - My Summer Study
Obadiah:  I taught on Obadiah during our study on the Minor Prophets.  (Do for One...)
Portland Half-Marathon:  Highlight of My Year!!!
Quinoa: Who knew that it is yummy to eat... and a great Scrabble Word!
Rockefeller Center and New York Times Square with my Sissy, her hubby and Christopher
Seasonal Affective Disorder
Timbers:  We are huge fans of our Major League Soccer Portland Timbers!
UnSnow Day - Volunteering at Christopher's school.  We've had 6 great years at PLS.
VooDoo $5 Bucket
What Happens When Women Say Yes To God by Lysa TerKeurst - Summer Study led by Sherrie
X:  the teXt
Young Champions:  Volunteering alongside our Portland Christian Center Family
Z: Love watching our Portland TrailblaZers when Mike and Mike announce the game!



My PDX 1/2 Marathon Medal!
My First Granny Square!

We Love Watching Our Home Teams!



2 comments:

Christopher Kaetzel said...

I have better be in there, and the Voodoo Doughnut $5 bucket! -Christopher

elaineolsen@live.com said...

You crammed in a lot of living in 2012! Praying your 2013 is filled with many moments of remembering who you are in Christ.

Keep moving forward, sister.

~elaine