“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Wednesday (a day late) Hodgepodge



1.  How did you ring in the new year?
We flew home from Maryland on New Year's Eve.  By the time it was midnight we were sound asleep.

2.  What is one thing you are looking forward to in 2013?
My baby (one-and-only) is heading to high school this year.  I am sad (for me) and excited (for him) at the same time.

3.  Steven Spielberg is quoted as saying, "All of us every single year, we're a different person.  I don't think we're the same person all our lives."  What say you?
I think we are always changing.  Always growing.  Always being affected by circumstances.  I think we change throughout our lives, but not so drastically every year.  

4. The Pantone color of the year for 2013 is emerald green. Like or dislike? Do you already own something this color?  Will you add something in this shade to your home or wardrobe in 2013?
I am not sure that emerald green is a good color for me, but yes, I love to wear it... for our MLS Portland Timbers!
 
5.  Speaking of emerald...what's your favorite gemstone?  
My birthstone - Diamond.

6. Share a favorite book or movie from 2012. 
The Circle Maker:  Praying Circles Around Your Biggest Dreams and Greatest Fears by Mark Batterson.  I read it at the beginning of 2012 and then just completed the 4-week DVD study with a small group today. 

7.  What is something you want to tell yourself at the start of this brand new year? 


8.  Insert your own random thought here. 
My One Word  for 2013 is "Lead."  (To guide. To encourage.  To instruct.  To mentor.  To show the way. To shepherd. To come alongside.)  I want to be intentional about it.  Not just stumble into it.  

No comments: