“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Wednesday Hodgepodge, January 8th



1. What is ONE thing or area in your home or life you hope to report is completely organized when 2013 draws to a close?  Do you  have a plan to make it happen?

My closet!  I just turned all my hangers around.  When I get to the end of 2013, I plan on purging my closet of those items I didn't wear.

2. What's the worst uniform you've ever had to wear for a job?
I only remember having to wear a uniform for one job.  When I worked as a candy girl at a movie theater.  It wasn't awful, but it was a uniform.

3. What was your last kitchen 'mishap'?
We were trying to make chocolate dessert cups using balloons.  But the chocolate was too hot and the balloon burst and we are still finding chocolate that was splattered EVERYWHERE!

4. How do you protect yourself from other people's negativity?
I try to make sure I keep healthy boundaries. 

5. Who in your family do you most resemble (physically)? If you have children, who do people say they favor? Do you agree?
I resemble my Sissy the most.  Except for my eyes.  I got my hazel eyes from my grandmas.
Christopher is a definite combination of me and his daddy.

6. January 8th is National Bubble Bath Day...will you be celebrating?
Ummm... nope.  But if I would have had the opportunity I would have used my favorite bubble bath ~ Crabtree & Evelyn Rosewater Bath & Shower Gel.

7.  Some of the 'world's best winter festivals' are - Mardi Gras (New Orleans), Quebec Winter Festival (Canada), Sundance Film Festival (Park City, Utah),  Rio Carnivale (Brazil), Sapporo Snow Festival (Japan), Venice Carnival (Italy) and the Harbin Ice Festival (Northern China).  Of those listed (and if cost were not a factor) which would you most like to attend and why?
I would rather not fly out of the country... so that leaves New Orleans or Park City.  Considering New Orleans is warmer... I would go there.  I'm not much for celebrating Mardi Gras.  My grandfather was from New Orleans and I've been there once with him, so I'd probably do some reminiscing. 

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
Just finished watching the movie Courageous with my husband and son.  What a tear jerker!  I really wasn't in the mood for crying, so I did have to leave the room and pretend that I needed to go powder my nose so that the waterworks didn't start. Great movie with a great message, but I was not prepared for the emotions it would evoke.

3 comments:

Patti said...

Courageous was a great movie. We were skeptical but it had a great message.

Good for you with your hangers. I'm hoping to purge lots of clothes this year....in fact, all my clothes right now! Hopefully this time next year they are all way too big for me! ;)

Joyce said...

I've seen Courageous and it is a tear jerker. I'm careful lately with what I view...we've had such an emotional year it doesn't take a lot to send me into waterworks.

I don't know if I've visited here before...welcome to the Hodgepodge!

Josanne Anthony said...

Stopping by from the Hodgepodge blog hop! I enjoyed your answers!
I hope nobody got hurt, but I am smiling at the mind visual I am getting from bursting balloons in the kitchen! Cooking with balloons just SOUNDED a little worrisome before even reading what happened!
It's kind of funny listening to everyone talking about their uniforms. I wonder who actually designed all of those uniforms that everyone hated.... lol
Have a great day!